“Indoor pool and breakfast”

Staybridge Suites St Louis - Westport
Ranked #50 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We went with children for a weekend getaway to St Louis. This hotel had all the amenities we needed at a very decent price. Breakfast buffet with hot and cold choices. Indoor swimming pool with perfect water temperature. There is a nice outdoor courtyard with a sitting area with a fire pit, BBQ grills and a small basketball court. It was hard to get the kids to want to leave the hotel to do any sight seeing. The hotel was very quiet. There is a little shopping area near with several restaurant choices or you can drive a few miles for other food options. Location near I-270. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Hotel shuttle offered for 5 mile radius.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of a hallway and heard no noise.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

From check in to check out I was unimpressed with this place. We got to the hotel at 2:30 am after a long day of travel. So we were just happy to get to the room and go to bed. But upon walking into the room we immediately noticed a white waxy substance all over the bottom kitchen cabinets. There was also mud splatter all over the room door on the inside, and the wood laminate floors were sticky. There was also a ton of crumbs of some sort under the kitchen sink next to the trash can. So clearly the room was not cleaned thoroughly, if at all. To top it off, one of the kitchen cabinets almost fell off when I opened it. So I went to the front desk to let the clerk know the condition of the room so he could have the manager speak with me the next morning. But the next morning the executive housekeeper and building engineer show up together at my room. The engineer asked me about the cabinet, I showed him which one was broken, he fixed it and left. The executive housekeeper proceeded to tell me that the room couldn't have been dirty because she personally inspected it herself before we checked in. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! She just made things worse! How could she have inspected a room and gave it the ok when it was in such bad shape? She offered no apology and simply said one of her staff would be down later to clean our room. We were never contacted by a manager about this situation. So besides the horrible customer service, there are rooms with missing room numbers so the hotel simply taped a piece of paper with the room number on it to the wall. There are just a lot of small details this hotel seems to miss the mark on. The breakfast is pretty basic but enough to start your day. Location in Westport is excellent and convenient to all highways in STL. Finally upon check out we were asked how our stay was and I said "not good". I explained to the clerk what we dealt with. She apologized but again didn't bother to get a manager. This hotel fails customer service 101 and I wouldn't stay here again for that reason.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites St Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Hello WebBrown,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us. With that said, I am sorry for the overall condition of the room assigned to you and level of service received from our staff. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience, and I am confident they will take appropriate steps so this doesn’t happen again.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We were satisfied with this hotel. It gets five stars not because it is a five star hotel, but because it is a great value for the money and fit our needs perfectly. We got the 2 bedroom suite with 2 queen beds and a bathroom in one room and 1 king bed and a bathroom in the other room. There was also a kitchen and living area which had a pull out sofa (which wasn't very clean when we pulled it out. Lots of crumbs on it.) They also had cribs available for guests with babies. There was a nice saltwater pool that my husband and children said was warm to swim in. Good breakfast with hot eggs and a hot meat. While we were there it rotated between sausage and bacon. We did stay over the weekend and they don't do housekeeping on the weekends. I didn't realize this until we didn't have any towels, but we just went to the front desk and got a few more. I thought some of the breakfast staff were rude and kind of plowed by the guests with big trays when they were refilling food items, as if they expected the guests to get out of their way immediately. I got bumped a couple of times, not by other guests but by employees. So in conclusion, the hotel was satisfactory. The room was pretty clean, could've used a little bit more of a deep cleaning before we checked in but not terrible. The check in staff was okay. The breakfast staff and second floor cleaning lady we encountered before we left on Monday were rude. But overall a good hotel, especially if you have a large family. We would stay here again if future reviews continue to be positive.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank havinfuntravelin
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I was completely impressed with the amenities and the quality of the rooms and staff. Great social programs and the staff was amazing. I've worked of a four diamond hotel and I consider this extended stay way above and beyond that expectation.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2017

I booked this room because my elderly mother and I were visiting family in the area for a week. I reserved the room well in advance of our trip. When we arrived in St. Louis, I received a phone call stating our original room was not available but they would put us in another room for the evening. We arrived at the hotel and Shay took care of us. She put us in a one bedroom for the night and promised our room would be ready the next day. The one bedroom was very comfortable. The next day, the management team was there to help me. They put us in another room, a two bedroom two bath, but not handicap accessible. It was on the first floor - room 106. They comped me for the first night since it was not the room I had reserved. Nights 2-7 went fairly well. I have two complaints - one was that my mother could not sit at the breakfast bar in the room because the bar stools were too high for her to get up on - she is handicapped. The room they put us in was directly outside of the "sports court" and two of my mornings were awakened with a basketball dribbling - that was very annoying. The hotel did not have a hot tub, which would have been so great. The highlights were that the hotel was fairly new, the staff were very nice, they tried to make things right with our booking, the breakfast area was clean and food was decent. They have a laundry room for guests and washers and dryers are free. Their gym was nice, their pool was indoor and heated. Shay was especially kind to us. Our room was pretty clean, except someone came on the third day to ask if we had found some gift cards in the room that a prior guest may have left - that was a bit awkward - we never found any gift cards and allowed her to come in and look in the room. The bathroom doors were very large and difficult to close behind you with where the toilet is seated. That wasn't too big of an issue. My suggestion is not to stay near the sports court. There was plenty of stores and restaurants within a couple of miles of the room.

Room Tip: Do not stay on side with sports court, especially room 106, you can hear basketballs dribbling.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family