“Excellent greek food at a good price”

Aris Greek American
Reserve with OpenTable
Aris Greek American is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #842 of 3,042 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Everyone in our party of 6 had a great meal. The appetizers od dolmathes, spinach filo (spanikpoia), pita with hummus were all superb. The toasted ravioli was good, but much like any other St. Louis restaurant. The greek main dishes of lamb shanks or the greek combo were both top notch greek. The Italian alfedo pasta was better than some Italian restaurants. The pork chops were very good as well as the top 3/4 of the stuffed peppers. The bottom 1/4 lacked the same spiciness and flavor. Desserts od Baklava and galaktobureko (lemon custard) were excellent. Prices are very reasonable. Atmosphere isn't much, but the place was clean and service was very good.

Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

It was the lunch deals that brought us in to give them a shot. Small hidden restaurant just off Lindbergh that has Greek and American food. Plenty of parking and lots of seating in this smaller place.

Many lunch specials that aren't advertised online and some are pretty big fancy full meals. I went with the philly sandwich and fries because my buddy said he had it on his only visit. Good sandwich and quite filling with lots of fries! He had the unlimited soup and salad and liked it.

Only thing that kept me from rating it higher was the very slow service. Wasn't really that crowded on a Monday afternoon and took way too long for me to try again for lunch on a work day. But if you like Greek food or a nice lunch special and have time I'd say give it a shot.

Reviewed 4 November 2015

I would have given two or three stars if not for our visit this past Sunday. They have a solid breakfast buffet that includes an omelet bar for $7.95. That's about the price of a meal at Bob Evans anymore and here you can get it just the way you want it, which is a big bonus for me as I prefer to avoid carbs.

The servers were quick with refills also. My only complaint is not salsa for the omelet, but that's about it. There were plenty of open tables, as opposed to both Bob Evans and Dennys (S. Lindbergh), which were both packed.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

Used a $5 off coupon which helped. Service was excellent but the food was just average. Tasty but lots of small opportunities to do better. Rack of lamb was served medium to medium well but then I should have asked for medium rare but server did not ask how I'd like it. Greek salad just lettuce, cucumber onion and feta with a lite vinaigrette dressing. Veggies were cooked well - just a bit of bite to them but not very seasoned.

Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

If you like overcooked sausage, rubbery bacon and powdered eggs here's your place!
Sorry Aris. Not my cup of tea at all. Unorganized, food for me not edible. Other than breakfast maybe? We haven't gone back. First impressions do matter