“Italian Beef Sandwich”

Vinnie's Italian Beef & Gyros
Ranked #552 of 2,980 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Reviewed 1 September 2015

GET THE ITALIAN BEEF. You better have a large appetite for the large size though. The regular size is plenty large. Unique way of Italian Beef sandwich with muffalata spread. Gyros are great too. They have inside and out side dinning in this quaint neighborhood location. Most sandwiches are slanted toward the Greek and Italian style swerved hot sandwiches .

Reviewed 1 August 2015

I went here with my two sisters yesterday to celebrate my younger sister's birthday. She had been here before and this is where she wanted to go for her birthday lunch. The restaurant inside is fairly small. There may have been 6 or 7 tables. You order your food at the counter. I ordered the small Italian beef sandwich which was so big I could just barely finish the sandwich! I left 90% of my bun because I was full from just the meat and toppings.. It was very good! He adds a home made pepper mixture that really adds to the taste. He also sells this pepper mixture in jars. Both of my sisters ordered a salad. The younger one ordered a Greek salad with no meat and was quite happy with hers but my other sister ordered one with gyro meat and there was so little gyro meat on it that we really had to look for it. We also ordered an appetizer to split which was Tzatziki. It was pitas with a cucumber sauce. Overall, I was pleased with my food but my sister that got the Gyro salad was not. I would return.

Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

Big beef was real monster I'm 300lbs an it stuffed me. Fiance had Italian melt gyro and it was f excellent. Pasta salad good. Only gripe was fried potatoes were a bit over cooked. Worth the trip.

Reviewed 15 May 2015 via mobile

Hands down delicious. When we walked in they welcomed us right away. We ordered, they brought it to the table for us. The portions were fantastic. I had a Philly cheese steak and my husband had the Three meat combo. Fried potatoes, spinach rice. All wonderful! Please go, spread the word!

Reviewed 22 January 2015

I'll make this short. I grew up on the south side of Chicago and I know good Italian Beef. If you want to have the BEST Italian beef in St. Louis GO TO VINNIES. Period.

Hold the Onions and Cheese and have them put the hot peppers on the side if you want a truly authentic Chicago-Style Italian beef. Though the onions and cheese don't take anything away from this delicious sandwich.

The Gyros is EXCELLENT. Thanks for bringing a small taste from my old neighborhood to St. Louis.