“Pan d"Olive”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Pan d"Olive is one of those unique St Louis places that is a great restaurant in a neighborhood. They offer a variety of pasta, fish, chicken, pork and my favorite Lamb Shank dinners. They give you a side on the dinner of rice or mashed potatoes. All items on the menu are a' la carte, so you can pick and choose from a selection on the menu. The have a happy hour and a very good wine and beer list. The service is excellent, the employees are warm and very friendly.

Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

We dined here with another couple for an overall enjoyable evening. Prefacing my comments with the fact that we are foodies, we agreed the food was average, but the atmosphere and service elevated the evening's experience. Our apps of eggplant Parmesan and arancini were better than the entrees that followed, quite good in fact. Entrees of seafood linguini, mussels, veal and lamb were ok, nothing stellar. We had a nice booth and our young waiter, Chris(?) was very skilled. Oh, and the olive bread was good!

I'd like to return for happy hour. The bar was doing a brisk business and we could enjoy the good apps and atmosphere. Easy parking on the side of the building.

Reviewed 10 March 2016

Excellent atmosphere and food with a Mediterranean Flair. I had the salmon dish and it was moist and very well prepared on a cabbage base. I realize that sounds a bit strange but it worked with this dish. We had six at our table and everyone was pleased with their choice.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

We came back again, just three of us, one of which was a toddler. We easily received booth seating and the booster seat came in less than 60 seconds. The staff are genuinely engaged in your meal, so gentile and accommodating, even a cup of milk with a lid to prevent spills. As we came in the smiles we were greeted with made it seem like these were family members or at least old friends. We've never been disappointed and we've been there as a couple, as part of a huge party, or with a few family members, or another couple.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

This restaurant was a nice surprise and met my expectations for a nice birthday dinner celebration for my husband with my entire family present including my 1 year old granddaughter. The food was prepared to everyone's liking, the wine selection was good and the service was delightful all the way down to the complimentary birthday dessert. I would definitely return.