“Do You Like Greek Food?”

Apollonia Greek Restaurant
Ranked #889 of 2,941 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: Greek
Description: phone 314-353-1488
Description: phone 314-353-1488
Reviewed 22 May 2016

if you enjoy greek food and are hungry, this is the place. the 1/2 and 1/2 dip plate, I choose the humas (ok) and the skordallia (fantastic) and pita. got a bowl of the avgolemono, could have used a bit more lemon for my tastes, but loaded with chicken and came with pita, was nothing to complain about, at all. they had stuffed tomato and peppers, with beef rice, on special that also came with more pita and a salad. my only complaint was it all came so fast, half way thru the dip, bam, soup, 1/ way thru the soap, bam, main course. the waitresses were very attentive and friendly, the setting was very pleasant. I wound up taking the whole salad and 1/2 of my dip, plus probably 4 pitas with me in a to go box. I am full, no complaints only complements. Happy birthday to me.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Apollonia Greek Restaurant

Reviewed 15 April 2016

We dine here frequently. This restaurant serves the best Greek salad I've ever eaten.
All of the food is terrific. One item I have enjoyed frequently is the Mediterranean Burger. Not truly a Greek item, but the burger is always done to order, and it is very rich in flavor. Service is always fast and friendly! The dessert menu is always very tempting. I especially love the rice pudding.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

This was always one of our favorite places. New Year's Eve [also my partner's birthday] we went there for an early supper. It just started out BAD and never got any better. The server took my order for a cup of hot tea, which didn't arrive until we were nearly finished with the main course. They served us the flaming cheese appetizer but didn't offer any plates and so we had to eat it off the hot serving dish. The server then told us that our order for main course "hadn't gotten in" and it would be a good while longer. We told her that we had another engagement and hadn't a lot of time. She hastily came back with the spanakopita which we had order, presented in a very gross manner and with a horrible taste. She also brought plates of baklava as a consolation, which was so stale we couldn't begin to eat it. I'm sorry but we walked out at that point. What a dreadful evening. Fortunately, the night got better later on for us. We wonder what has happened to them.

Reviewed 13 December 2015

This was actually not our first choice BUT we are so happy that other place was closed!

I was reluctant at first about the whole thing but I couldn't have been more wrong! I got the large Greek Salad, Hubby got the Gyro Greek Salad with an extra older of the Gyro meat. We also got the Hummus as a starter.

We wanted extra Feta to mix in the Hummus…. got a very nice size chunk of cheese..

The Salads were delicious… the Gyro meat was Fabulous!!!! I couldn't get enough. the flavor was a perfect blend of "everything" .

When we got the bill I noticed the total was only 26.00 and thought they didn't add in the "Extra's"….

The side of cheese was under $1.00…. the side of Gyro meat was only $3.00.

I will definitely go back and take the folks with me next time! I wanted to make sure it was good enough to bring them here… and it is!

The ONLY downfall is that they don't give you enough olives! Not too bad of a problem to have. :-)

Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Best salad in town. Great gyros. Spanikopita, pasticio & deserts are outstanding. Daily specials. I hear the burgers are also great. Fair prices. Service is always what it should be.