All reviews holiday inn express room was clean cable tv lafayette park nice hotel convenient location microwave arch mo conference ballpark
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I'm not sure what happened with the other reviews on this hotel but I quite enjoyed my stay here.
My husband and I stopped off here during our honeymoon travelling Route 66 and we found the hotel to be everything we needed, it wasn't luxurious but that wasn't what we were after.
The staff were helpful at check in, the rooms were clean and tidy, the bed was comfortable, the WiFi was fast, the cable TV was good.
Overall I can't fault this hotel as a clean, safe place to stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
hotelavyan, Hotel Manager. at Hotel Avyan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

It is really nice to note that that you liked the stay and services at our hotel during your visit.
Thanks for appreciating the room features and staff hospitality. It makes us proud to serve clients like you.
We look forward to welcome you again soon!!!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I would not recomend this property to a friend. The property is yes clean(ish) however the manager Silpa Patel was rude more than once. My boyfriend and I travel around the country all year long, and selected this hotel for the convienent location and for what looked like a 3.5 star review. Our arrival was pleasant however our room had many things in the restroom loose. Putting that aside, we get back to our room from spending the day out around 3:30PM only to find our door hatch open allowing anyone to come and go as the please. This is 100% unacceptable!! Who knows how long house keeping left our door open. I called downstairs immediately to speak with someone about this, however was informed there was NO manager on duty on a Monday afternoon????? The staff member was pleasant and empathetic with our situation, she took our information to leave for the manager to follow up. Tuesday morning I had not received a single follow up from management by the time I checked out so I asked to speak with someone directly upon our departure. To my surprise Ms. Patel was not empathetic nor did she seem to care, she tried to justify this happening by telling me housekeeping was still on the floor at that time. I told her there was no house keeping on the floor, as I was here. Additionally, it doesn't matter if they leave the room for 5 min, or 5 hours this is unacceptable. She just said ok thanks, I'll address it. Prior to this Ms. Patel nearly bit off my boyfriends head when he asked if they had hairspray or laundry onsite then stormed off. The staff member witnessing this apologized for her behavior -staff shouldn't have to apologize for the actions of their management. The rest of the staff are extremely friendly and helpful however Ms. Patel will drive this hotel into the ground.

Room Tip: Do not interact with Ms. Patel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melissalynn013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your stay at the Hotel Avyan.
We apologize for all the inconvenience you had as per the review observations.
Our endeavor is to give a nice stay to all our guests but need to investigate how such a shoddy situation happened as mentioned by you.
In any case we shall do a thorough investigation and take concrete actions to improve everything which needs to ensure a satisfactory guest experience.
Please do reconsider and visit us again.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

They have a meal area that is not well staffed. The cook is the waitress, too. As a result, service is too slow. The room was clean and staff was pleasant. The location is about 15 minutes from the Dome.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cheryl P

Hello Guest,

Thanks for the feedback.
We shall definitely work on your observations.
You can expect a further improved stay next time.
Visit us again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

PLUSSES: The beds were comfortable and the location was convenient (no complaints about the neighborhood). MINUSES: No pool and breakfast is an extra charge. The workout room was sketchy. The property is deterioriting in quality (the marble vanity in our bathroom was cracked), and it is apparent that management is sucking cash out of it (very little evidence of reinvestment to maintain the property). Probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed 17 June 2017

Would never stay here again due to unprofessional behavior by the manager. She (Silpa) thinks it is okay to pass on hidden charges. The laundry services charge slip states that basic laundry is $2 a pound. What it doesn’t say is that there is a $20 minimum. As a result our load cost twice as much as it should have. Instead of handling this in a professional manner she escalated it into a shouting match. Even her staff apologized for her behavior. It’s also interesting that this place is not listed with the Better Business Bureau.
The rest of the staff was friendly and professional. The facilities themselves were decent, but nothing special.
But with Silpa’s attitude and the spotty/slow/difficult wi-fi connections, I’d steer clear.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple