New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Great stay. Convenient location and friendly staff. The room was very clean, well appointed and very comfortable. Great location if you're attending a baseball game or any downtown activities. I will be staying again shortly and recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment! Westin takes pride in being a place where our guests can feel renewed. Our location is conveniently located next to Bushe Stadium as well as walking distance of several downtown venues. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and the reccomendations you will be making to others! We look foward to hosting you in the future!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Las Vegas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed at the Westin St. Louis for one night. I chose the Westin since I usually stay at Westin, W properties when I travel.

I would only return if I was going to a Cardinals game since it is so close to Busch Stadium. Otherwise, I would definitely choose another hotel.

I asked the front desk if I could get a taxi out front any time since I needed one at 4:45 a.m. to leave for the airport. A bellman approached me after I asked and just mentioned that he would make sure I had a "car" at that time. I thought this was great until I went to get my "car" at 4:45 a.m. and realized that he had signed me up for a car service that I never elected to having. Sure it was fine that I had transportation but I would have liked to have been informed that it was a car service versus a taxi - especially because when I was getting into the town car, I saw a taxi just basically waiting outside that I could have taken. When I approached the town car that was taking me to the airport, he was asleep in the driver's seat and I had to wake him up so that I could get in the car and get to the airport. I know this is a seperate company that handles the town cars but he was asleep?! Not the best service.

The view out of my hotel room wasn't great... a parking lot and a building directly next to me... and then a side view of the freeway...

I went to the front desk to check out at 4:45 a.m. and no one was there to help... had to wait a few minutes for someone to actually come out to help me.

There was a strange stain on one of my towels in the bathroom... made me very leery of using another towel at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your candid comments concerning your recent overnight stay with us. Allow me to apologize for not meeting your overall expectations. I have addressed your concerns about the taxi vs. car service with our front office manager and she has taken steps to ensure this confusion will not happen again with our front drive attendants. She has also personally spoken with our overnight staff to ensure they will provide more prompt service in the future. As for the third party car service I have spoken with the owner of the company and relayed our mutual conerns for their drivers. Because our hotel is located in downtown St. Louis, we offer several views of the city and wish that every view could be spectacular; I apologize if you did not find your view serene for this stay. Our housekeeping manager has reviewed your comments with our laundry and housekeeping staff and inspired them to be more attentive to our linens.
Effingham, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Let me start by saying this is our first stay at the Westin St Louis. The price is usually high and I always felt it would be a fancy stuffy hotel because of that. We got a great deal on Hotels.com with free breakfast and free parking so we went for it. It was a VERY clean hotel but not the fancy place I expected. The staff were all very pleasant and the rooms were nice sized with a very big bathroom that had a very deep soak tub and a seperate shower with 2 heads. My wife went on and on about the bathroom. The beds were extremely comfortable. Overall nice place to stay if you get a good price. We paid 130 and felt we got our moneys worth. Usually rates are 160 or higher I personally would not pay that. The bar was nice, they were short staffed last night but I want to give serious props to the manager that guy was running his tail off helping the kitchen and bartender. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Dinner was pricey it took awhile because of short staff and it was cold but was tastey. Nice clean hotel with great staff would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments, which I have shared with Chris, our assistant restaurant manager. I apologize for the temperature of the food which was served for dinner. The Westin strives to leave all guests with a feeling of renewal at the end of their stay, and we strive to be the opposite of stuffy. Our historical building allows us to offer larger than normal guest rooms and guest bathrooms and our modern design complements the former warehouse architecture. We offer the best rates we're able to, based upon availability, and we're thrilled you were able to take advantage of one of our specials. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Gurnee, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Recently stayed for a combination work trip and baseball trip with my family. The location for the games is unbelievable. Very clean comfortable room, fantastic bathrooms, and nice service. The upsell is a little tough and beware of "stadium view rooms". The hotel is 6 floors. The stadium is atleast 8-10 stories high, so your room with "stadium views" will just give you a different perspective of Busch Stadium brick. Not worth more than a dollar, but they try and play it for a lot more.
Overall, best hotel in downtown area, especially for games.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments! Our hotel is seven stories, offering several views of both the city and the stadium. Thank you for rating us the best hotel in downtown! We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Had to attend a trade convention in St Louis and booked the Westin for three nights.
It is about a six block easy walk to convention centre or you can take a train one stop (station next to hotel)
If the baseball team are not playing its very quiet in this area. Even though you are downtown need to walk at least five blocks before you find any store that is open,

The hotel is modern, clean and quiet.

Didn't get any upgrade or any benefit for being SPG Platinum Member. Although when I checked out I wasn't charged for breakfast,

I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay. Our hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of several attractions and dining venues in dowtown St. Louis. Upgrades are based upon availability, and I apologize we weren't able to accomodate an upgrade for you this stay. Complimentary breakfast is available for our Starwood Preferred Platinum members. We look forward to hosting you again whenever your travels bring you back to the St. Louis area.