“Wonderful joint”
Review of Blues City Deli

Blues City Deli
Ranked #6 of 3,068 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a delicious little deli that has 77 reviews on Google Maps but I can't seem to find it here on trip advisor. Thought you might want to add it.
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Friendly service (and customers), tasty food, very reasonable pricing, and remarkable live music. Must visit.

1  Thank halaji

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

My family had a little of everything and everyone was pleased to say the least! The staff was more than kind and its safe to say we will be back!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We were in the mood for a good pastrami sandwich. Delis seem to be from a bygone era, but I like a good sandwich. My dad and I got the original pastrami and my son got the Italian beef on a sub. The sandwiches are on grilled rye or sourdough and have excellent fatty pastrami. The potato salad I'd average. My sons beef sandwich looked delicious. The place is small, maybe 12 tables inside. No beer is served but specialty sodas and root beers are sold. A variety of chips are also sold. Prices are reasonable

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We were staying in Soulard on holiday from England and, based on good reviews, visited the Deli. It lived up to the billing. We loved it.

Good ambience, polite and friendly staff and very tasty sandwiches. I really liked it and I can be a fussy old Englishman.

The only problem - it's not found the corner from where I live (in England)!

I hope to visit again someday but in the meantime visit it if you are a tourist and enjoy it often if you live or work locally.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

A friend had America in from out of town and intoduced us to blue city deli. The food is very good. They put a lot of meat on the sandwiches and they are very tasty. On Thursday and Saturday nights they have a small band play, but this place is only open till 8:00 on these nights. Other nights it's 6:00. There isn't very much seating on the inside but, there are seats on the outside and a patio seating. People also bring lawn chairs to set in.