“Loved up lunch”
Review of Blues City Deli

Blues City Deli
Ranked #11 of 2,940 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a delicious little deli that has 77 reviews on Google Maps but I can't seem to find it here on trip advisor. Thought you might want to add it.
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We were staying in Soulard on holiday from England and, based on good reviews, visited the Deli. It lived up to the billing. We loved it.

Good ambience, polite and friendly staff and very tasty sandwiches. I really liked it and I can be a fussy old Englishman.

The only problem - it's not found the corner from where I live (in England)!

I hope to visit again someday but in the meantime visit it if you are a tourist and enjoy it often if you live or work locally.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Blues City Deli

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

A friend had America in from out of town and intoduced us to blue city deli. The food is very good. They put a lot of meat on the sandwiches and they are very tasty. On Thursday and Saturday nights they have a small band play, but this place is only open till 8:00 on these nights. Other nights it's 6:00. There isn't very much seating on the inside but, there are seats on the outside and a patio seating. People also bring lawn chairs to set in.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Want a great sandwich then the Blues City Deli is the spot for you. Make sure you get one of the many different types of beer they offer as well to wash it all down. Great place with awesome service.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Blues City Deli is a restaurant in Benton Park that serves some of the best sandwiches in America...I repeat 'AMERICA.' Don't just take my word for it. This place averages 4.8 out of 5 stars on rating sites such as Yelp, Zomato, and Google. In addition, Yelp recently ranked Blues City Deli #28 out of 100 best places to eat in 2017. However, there is a downfall for serving great food....long lines!!!

The good thing is that the lines move somewhat fast. Since this place is only open from 11am to 4pm (Thursdays until 7:30pm for live jazz) the key is to either arrive right before opening or to come around 3pm when the lunch crowd is finishing up. If this place had suggestion cards I would write down that they need more seating. There are additional tables and chairs outside but, it can become very uncomfortable when it is 100 degrees in the summertime and below freezing during the winter. Hopefully, as demand continues to grow so does their chairs and tables.

It was difficult to pick from all the sandwiches but with some help from other foodies in line I went with the Chicken Ranch Shack (which comes with bacon) and Mike's Spicy Beef N' Cheddar. My first thought before I took a bite was that this is going to be messy, and that all the meat and tomatoes were going to fall out the back. Surprisingly, these sandwiches hold together rather well. I don't know if it's the way the buns are shaped or because of the creamy sauce but I was not constantly picking meat up off the wrapper.

Outside of the food here, the next best thing I love about this place are their prices. Each of the sandwiches I ordered only cost $6.50. So, two sandwiches, plus chips, and a cup of free water came out to around $15-$16-can't beat that!!!

If you're looking for more great paces to eat then checkout my blog whenever you get a chance. stlcheatmeals.com

1  Thank sly n
Reviewed 1 May 2017

The food here is terrific but it is the decor of the small deli that makes this a unique visit. They did not have live music when I was there but the blues posters and memorabilia on the wall was neat to see. This is a must stop for a quick bite to eat.