“A very pleasant day”
Review of Blues City Deli

Blues City Deli
Ranked #19 of 2,995 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a delicious little deli that has 77 reviews on Google Maps but I can't seem to find it here on trip advisor. Thought you might want to add it.
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

A friend had America in from out of town and intoduced us to blue city deli. The food is very good. They put a lot of meat on the sandwiches and they are very tasty. On Thursday and Saturday nights they have a small band play, but this place is only open till 8:00 on these nights. Other nights it's 6:00. There isn't very much seating on the inside but, there are seats on the outside and a patio seating. People also bring lawn chairs to set in.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Want a great sandwich then the Blues City Deli is the spot for you. Make sure you get one of the many different types of beer they offer as well to wash it all down. Great place with awesome service.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Blues City Deli is a restaurant in Benton Park that serves some of the best sandwiches in America...I repeat 'AMERICA.' Don't just take my word for it. This place averages 4.8 out of 5 stars on rating sites such as Yelp, Zomato, and Google. In addition, Yelp recently ranked Blues City Deli #28 out of 100 best places to eat in 2017. However, there is a downfall for serving great food....long lines!!!

The good thing is that the lines move somewhat fast. Since this place is only open from 11am to 4pm (Thursdays until 7:30pm for live jazz) the key is to either arrive right before opening or to come around 3pm when the lunch crowd is finishing up. If this place had suggestion cards I would write down that they need more seating. There are additional tables and chairs outside but, it can become very uncomfortable when it is 100 degrees in the summertime and below freezing during the winter. Hopefully, as demand continues to grow so does their chairs and tables.

It was difficult to pick from all the sandwiches but with some help from other foodies in line I went with the Chicken Ranch Shack (which comes with bacon) and Mike's Spicy Beef N' Cheddar. My first thought before I took a bite was that this is going to be messy, and that all the meat and tomatoes were going to fall out the back. Surprisingly, these sandwiches hold together rather well. I don't know if it's the way the buns are shaped or because of the creamy sauce but I was not constantly picking meat up off the wrapper.

Outside of the food here, the next best thing I love about this place are their prices. Each of the sandwiches I ordered only cost $6.50. So, two sandwiches, plus chips, and a cup of free water came out to around $15-$16-can't beat that!!!

If you're looking for more great paces to eat then checkout my blog whenever you get a chance. stlcheatmeals.com

1  Thank sly n
Reviewed 1 May 2017

The food here is terrific but it is the decor of the small deli that makes this a unique visit. They did not have live music when I was there but the blues posters and memorabilia on the wall was neat to see. This is a must stop for a quick bite to eat.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We pulled up here at 11:30 on a Friday, and the line was down the sidewalk already. Had fun conversations with friendly local people while we waited about 10 minutes to make our order. Despite the tiny size, we were able to get seating for our group of 5, and each had amazing sandwiches. The pulled pork, and smoked turkey were especially nice, but the sweet-red-pepper sauce that came with my "Benton Park" po' boy was just amazing, and totally made the meal. Broad selection of local sodas and other drinks, the same for chips & others sides. Super friendly kitchen staff, and servings so big that half our group took home part of their sandwiches. What a delight!