The Cheshire
US$ 167
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 195/night.

The Parkway Hotel(Saint Louis)
US$ 176
US$ 160
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ignacio(Saint Louis)
US$ 160
US$ 148
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 165/night.

Hotel Avyan(Saint Louis)
US$ 120
US$ 113
US$ 131
US$ 110
US$ 150
US$ 134
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 188/night.

US$ 155
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
US$ 140
US$ 132
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 154/night.

US$ 674
RitzCarlton.com
  • Room Service
Marriott St. Louis West(Town and Country)
Marriott Hotels
1,009 results
All reviewsfox and houndsforest parkthemed roomsliterary themejames bond suitetudor stylescavenger huntbathroom lightclayton roadwood burning fireplaceunderground garagecontinental breakfastfresh fruitboutique hotelart museumwashington universitycommon areas
Reviewed 14 April 2012

A wonderfully (and tastefully) themed hotel paying tribute to great authors and works of literature. We stayed in The Canterbury Tales room, a standard deluxe double queen. Fantastic comfortable beds, wonderful toiletries and fabulous access to delish teas at any hour of the day. I traveled with my two teen sons who enjoyed the great breakfasts with nice array of fresh fruits, cheeses and one hot entree. I chose to eat the magnificent granola every single day! Tea, juice, coffee, milk and several yogurts were available too.

The rooms were very comfortable and pleasant. The walls are pretty thin; but we were annoyed by some dudes partying next door just one evening. I turned on the AC fan to run continuously and that totally drowned out their noise and I was able to sleep very well (and I'm a light sleeper!).

We walked just a few steps away to the gorgeous 90 year old cinema called the Hi-Pointe and you could easily walk to the Zoo. I adored all the wonderful treasures that Forest Park offered and my two sons grudgingly followed behind me wherever I took them.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2012

All was great. What really made the stay besides the decor and the writerly room names and the comfy beds, were the staff. From the Bar and the bartender, to the front desk to the valet for parking, everyone was cheerful, helpful, courteous, and effective while appearing to absolutely enjoy themselves serving us and making us happy with our stay. I couldn't ask for more for me and my family. My last stay at this hotel was when I was twelve years old and now at 59.99999 years of age I am back. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank John G
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I was that person who had never been to the area, I was the person who came to Trip Advisor for guidance in finding a place to stay during our mid-week getaway to St. Louis!!!

Needless to say this place far exceeded any expectation I had. From the moment I called to make reservations and actually spoke to a real person who did indeed work at this location!! They were very helpful over the phone answered every question I had concerning traveling with our two small dogs. Along with numerous other questions.

So the good stuff! First impression was a little nervousness just because they are in the midst of remodeling a separate building from this one. Was unsure of what we would find inside. Again expectations exceeded. Greeted first off by the valet who was very helpful. Checked-in with ease. Seriously it was a breeze. Happy to have us and happy to have our dogs accompany us. Treats for the dogs upon arrival as well as many other surprises to welcome them. Pet bed, food bowls, coupon for food, bag of treats, and a friendly pet!

Our room was comfy and charming. Clean and modern. Can't really say enough. Curious about the themed suites as they appear amazing going to have to save that for our return visit I'm sure is to occur. Can't say enough.

Breakfast and the commons area are fabulous. This is not your typical spread for breakfast. Fresh fruit, oatmeal, hot ham and cheese crossaiant, that were to die for and many other options. All kept filled and fresh by a staff that was friendly and hard working. On our last morning the GM was the one out in the commons area greeting the guest and making sure the area was full. All with a smile on his face. Unlike many other GM's I have seen over the years who have no time for anything other that being behind a desk. Huge appluse to this gentleman and his rockstar staff. You all have a great thing going for you. Look forward to visiting again in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
lbarrylhm, Manager at The Cheshire, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear Agsnitker,
Thank you so much for staying at the Cheshire. I am so happy to hear you not only enjoyed your stay but are excited for your next! We do have many other great things to come later in 2012 and into 2013 that will only make your stay with us even better! We have officially opened the pool for the season and hope you will be back to enjoy it! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 April 2012

This hotel is really wonderful! I stayed at the Cheshire twice before it was renovated and I was very pleased with the rooms and with the service. I have stayed twice since the renovation. This is a rare instance of a hotel retaining its charm while upgrading its facilities.Being at the Cheshire is a real treat -- and a high point of any visit to St. Louis. The front desk staff could not be more helpful. They remembered that my husband is a) allergic to down and b) is diabetic and needs to refrigerate his insulin. They set up our room ahead of time with foam pillows and made sure there was a refrigerator available. When we had a tussle with the new alarm clock -- Question: how many college professors does it take to program a hi-tech alarm? Answer: more than two. Neither of us could do it! -- a staff member immediately appeared and got the thing working for us. We are already looking forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: I have never stayed in a bad room at the Cheshire. Every one has been great -- and I love the literary themes.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank travelingprofMedford
lbarrylhm, Manager at The Cheshire, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Dear travelingprofMedord,
Thank you so much for choosing the Cheshire for your recent visit to St. Louis. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay your stay over all. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We were greeted at the desk by Billy who was extremely helpful and cheery. After we got to our room we tried to get the ac running to no avail. We went back down to see what might be done. The chief engineer, Don McBush, happened to be right there and he was very quick to offer to come up to our room and check it out even though he was about to be off duty. He followed us up, took a look and got it up and running in no time!

The remodeling they have done is gorgeous. There was even a group of guitars playing in the lounge area the evening we were there. I would not hesitate to stay at this lovely hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristina D

Dear Kristina D,
Thank you so much for choosing the Cheshire for your recent visit to St. Louis. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay your stay over all. With summer around the corner we are about to open our pool and are ready to serve food and have live music on the deck. Please check our events calendar for dates! We look forward to your next visit.