Moonrise Hotel
US$ 592
RitzCarlton.com
  • Room Service
1,273 results
All reviewsthe loopeclipse restaurantrooftop barmoon themespace themeblueberry hillsound machinedelmar blvdboutique hotelwashington universitycool hotelfun hotelrain showerforest parkjacuzzi tubrestaurants and shopsconcert venue
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I needed to stay near Wash U for one night and this place did the trick. They have a negotiated rate with the school so it was very reasonable. The "moon" decor is very attractive. The rooms are all newly furnished and clean and there is a modern looking bathroom. It is about a 12 minute walk direct walk to the school. The staff was helpful and friendly and the restaurant on site "Eclipse" was had a very interesting menu with equally good tasting food. They also signed me up for a concierge type service at no charge. I didn't really use it but they did have a soda and chips waiting for me in the room. If you have a need to be in that part of St Louis, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
moonrisegm, General Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you for your comments. Your review will be very helpful for Wash U families. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else!

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed in #428 end of hall next to Red Fox Suite. King bed, very spacious room with a great view of Delmar and Loop area. Free parking was easy and convenient due to no show at the Pageant. Lot would be crowded if you arrived late on a show night, which is why paid valet parking is also available. Eclipse Restaurant was calm and lovely - GREAT music playing in background. Every staff person who passed us inquired as to our satisfaction or just offered a friendly greeting. Was never ignored by staff. This was our second visit and we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments on our hotel and staff. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience. Please let us know if we can help you with your next visit to The Loop!

Safe Travels,
Jason

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed at the Moonrise for one night and had a wonderful time! The entire hotel is unique and modern. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful!! I stayed with friends in the Vincent Price suite and it was everything you could want and more. I had an excellent stay and would recommend it to anyone. Very, very cool hotel in a very cool area of St. Louis. Would also recommend the homemade moon pies from the restaurant! Delicious.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
moonrisegm, General Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

We are glad you liked the Vincent Price Suite! Thank you for staying and thank you for your review.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel in St. Louis because of how close it is to the Pageant. My wife and I were in town for the Needtobreathe show and wanted somewhere hip and close to the venue. I had previously stayed at the Moonrise before for both business and pleasure and had never received poor customer service. However, this was not the case for this particular stay. The front desk staff were rude and lacked any customer service skills. I travel frequently for business purposes and have never experienced this poor of service before. The parking is a nightmare at this property with valet being the only option most nights. Upon returning home I discovered that I had left a garment in the closet. After a month of trying to reach their customer satisfaction manager I have still not received any reply emails or phone calls to try and recover this garment. I find this totally unsatisfactory. Then today I discover mysterious charges on my Visa. These charges were for mini-bar items that we supposedly consumed during our stay. Wrong! We did not touch these items. Lastly, I am a member of their desires program and received none of the amenities awarded for being a member of this program. Again, I love the hotel and its superb location just not the customer service I recently received.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank RCTalberto

I apologize for the experience during your most recent stay. I would like to make the service aspect of your next stay much more enjoyable. When you consider staying with us again, please contact me directly so I can insure you the level of service you are accustomed to experiencing.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My kids and I stayed at the Moonrise for just one night because my daughter was going on a college tour at Washington University. We wished we were staying longer! Beautifully decorated hotel, clean, with lots of extras that make a hotel stay special: very comfortable beds, abundant and easy access free parking, sound machine in room, ipod stand, a big umbrella to borrow, a rooftop terrace. I found the staff helpful and attentive. Very close to Washington U, a nice 6 block walk. Also, the immediate neighborhood, Delmar in the Loop has lots of good restaurants and shops. Hope to stay there again. The kids loved it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. Please visit us again if you are in town!

Safe Travels,