“Worst Hotel Ever”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Riverside
Kansas City, Kansas
“Worst Hotel Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I booked a room using my Wyndham Account as I travel alot, I was in town for a three day conference. I brought my wife with me as the conference was at the Casino across the street from this hotel. We should have left when the Manager was as rude as can be, as we walked to our room the scummy handy man had tools and equipment all over the hallway. The smell was terrible, we thought it might just be from the work so we put our stuff in teh room and it was just as bad. We left for a few minutes so I could register at the conference, we went back and my wife got sick from the smell. It was like vomit and urine in the carpets, the spray painting did not help.
I informed the front desk we would be checking out due to the unacceptable conditions and the smell. They informed me that I still had to pay for the stay. I did just to get the hell out of this place. Ended up spending much more at the Casino Hotel but the cost was worth it. I do not know how this place stays in business. Wyndham calls this hotel a Tier 3 for points and it is far from it. I can tell you I would not want my worst emeny staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: GO to Argosy Casino if you need to be in this area
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Terry M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have stayed in a lot of hotels, but this one tips the scale for horrible customer service. The general manager was not only extremely rude and unprofessional, but actually had me physically walk him to the room at 1:30 am to show him there were only 2 guests asleep in the room. He lied and made preposterous accusations and then upon check out he charged an additional $30 for having extra guests. This place is a joke and the general manager is a scam artist. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Riverside hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

This was the worst hotel experience in years! There was no hot water, the place was filthy inside (though the external appearance was decent), breakfast offering was a couple pieces of gross sugar cake and raisin bran, we were put in a smoking room, the place was in a mostly industrial area and the morning staff was dead or mute, I'm not sure which. Probably tired of complaints. The hallway carpet was so dirty that the grounds were cleaner and there was brown ugly stuff smeared on the bathroom walls. Get a tetanus shot first!

• Stayed March 2012
NW Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel on 8/13/11. What a joke! The room was expensive, swimming pool was out of order (permanently, according to the sign posted outside), horrible smell throughout the hotel, and staff that need to learn about personal hygiene.

The TV had very limited cable (with more than half of the channels being very snowy, and unable watch). The bed (mattress) was encased in a plastic ziplock casing, so you were sleeping on PLASTIC!!!! very annoying and uncomfortable! The chair in the room had a big hole in it with the stuffing coming out of it. Stains were all over the carpet.

I also noted that there was a sign about guests having visitors (was not permitted, even if they were not staying overnight). If you had visitors, you had to pay for them to visit with you. I am glad I did not have to deal with this!

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE! Go to Motel 6! Better quality and service at that chain, than you will find in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed at the Riverside Super 8 on a business trip for five nights ending on August 4th. Being here for an extended stay I came into contact with most of the staff and they were all very helpful with directions and recommendations to the best food locations. It's been a very hot summer and it was nice to open my door to a clean, cool room. Super 8 has a friendly staff and were very accommodating.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank tyh20
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
0.2 km away
12.7 km away
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
#4 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Super 8 Riverside/Kansas City? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK