I came to St. Louis primarily to visit Washington University and the surrounding area. The location of this hotel was perfect for this itinerary. In fact, we were informed at check-in that the hotel offered free shuttle service within three miles (this included the University). The location of the hotel is also convenient for those who enjoy shopping, as it is right across the street from the Galleria. We took full advantage of this and got transported by shuttle for an adventurous afternoon. I should note that although the hotel is located closer to the University, it is not that far of a drive to the downtown area. I visited some places downtown, and the drive was only about 16 minutes - not that bad.
The rooms were mostly comfortable. Our room had a nice kitchenette with a full sized refrigerator, a small living area, separate bedroom and bathroom. The sofa in the living area was not of the most desired material (kind of rough) but it sufficed. I did have issues with the television set. I enjoyed the fact that it was a flatscreen, but I had issues with the remote in our room. I'm not sure if this is a more widespread issue, but the remote in our room would not work unless you tilted it just the right way or got extremely close the to the TV. As for cleanliness, our room was very clean and I'm picky. One thing that stood out to me was the towels. I can't stand stained towels or towels with hairs stuck in them. Such an issue was never present during my stay. I really enjoyed the clean towels!
As far as I could tell, the staff were friendly and accommodating. The front desk staff made it a point to greet me each time I arrived back in the lobby, and the dining staff were especially friendly during the complimentary (and delicious) hot breakfast. Our shuttle driver was also nice and informative.
Overall my impression of the Homewood Suites in St. Louis was positive. I would certainly recommend it to those wishing to visit areas around WashU or Forrest Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A home away from home for business, shopping and exploring St. Louis Centrally located with easy access to Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL) and downtown St. Louis, the Homewood Suites by Hilton® St. Louis – Galleria hotel puts you in a great place to make the most of your stay. In the heart of Clayton’s business district you can make this all-suite hotel your home for a few days or a few months. With the St. Louis Galleria Shopping Center only yards away you can shop as much as you’d like. Keep active on the road with a workout in the 1,400 sq. ft. fitness center, have a swim in the indoor pool or soak in the whirlpool. Complimentary Wi-Fi lets you surf the web or get some work done from the comfort of your spacious Richmond Heights hotel suite. Start every day off in style with a full hot breakfast. Take the hassle out of the end of the day when you come home to our complimentary evening social*, available every evening Monday through Thursday. This St. Louis extended stay hotel’s meeting room is the perfect venue for your intimate St. Louis meeting or celebration. *Local and state laws apply ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria Hotel Richmond Heights
- Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria Saint Louis, MO