“Great Place To Stay Near WashU”

Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria
Miami, Florida
“Great Place To Stay Near WashU”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

I came to St. Louis primarily to visit Washington University and the surrounding area. The location of this hotel was perfect for this itinerary. In fact, we were informed at check-in that the hotel offered free shuttle service within three miles (this included the University). The location of the hotel is also convenient for those who enjoy shopping, as it is right across the street from the Galleria. We took full advantage of this and got transported by shuttle for an adventurous afternoon. I should note that although the hotel is located closer to the University, it is not that far of a drive to the downtown area. I visited some places downtown, and the drive was only about 16 minutes - not that bad.

The rooms were mostly comfortable. Our room had a nice kitchenette with a full sized refrigerator, a small living area, separate bedroom and bathroom. The sofa in the living area was not of the most desired material (kind of rough) but it sufficed. I did have issues with the television set. I enjoyed the fact that it was a flatscreen, but I had issues with the remote in our room. I'm not sure if this is a more widespread issue, but the remote in our room would not work unless you tilted it just the right way or got extremely close the to the TV. As for cleanliness, our room was very clean and I'm picky. One thing that stood out to me was the towels. I can't stand stained towels or towels with hairs stuck in them. Such an issue was never present during my stay. I really enjoyed the clean towels!

As far as I could tell, the staff were friendly and accommodating. The front desk staff made it a point to greet me each time I arrived back in the lobby, and the dining staff were especially friendly during the complimentary (and delicious) hot breakfast. Our shuttle driver was also nice and informative.

Overall my impression of the Homewood Suites in St. Louis was positive. I would certainly recommend it to those wishing to visit areas around WashU or Forrest Park.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank itsscottbetch
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

We have HHonors so the Homewood Suites hotel was on our list. I love the idea of having full size fridge and kitchenette (even that we only stayed for 2 nights). We booked 1 bedroom suite, which worked great, our toddler son was able to sleep in the living room and we had our own bedroom.

Suite rooms were clean, king size bed was comfy, the only "con" from the whole stay - I wish my son had more comfortable sleeping place, but he seemed do not care about it as much as mommy :).

One thing, you need to remember, if you travelling with toddler and by the time you get to the hotel - make sure to request playpen or crib to be ready (unless you have your own portable). Our son sleeps on his own since he was born. If you want crib (not playpen) make sure it will be crib, because we got playpen for the first night (no cribs where available, which makes me wonder, how many cribs does hotel have?!).

Hotel stuff was nice, we didn't had any problems.

The location is alright...if you into shopping (which we are not) - the Galleria shopping mall right next door. Notice if you want to go there and just walk around that's fine - but if you go with toddler like our "very active, moving, running all the time" son - there was really not much to do for us. There is no special places for smaller kids to play.. etc.

The St. Louis Zoo not far at all, we also went to the Magic House in the Kirkwood (took us about 25-30 min).

There is many places to eat pretty close to the hotel, but our son wouldn't just sit and eat so it was mostly drive thru and take home meals for us.

Overall - I enjoyed our stay at the Homewood Suites and would recommend it for families with kids :)

Room Tip: if you plan visiting ZOO - it's pretty close drive from the hotel...I would say 10 min?!
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

Assistant Manager was very rude along with her staff!
She knew the reason for the rental but didnt inform us about about any policy about the hotel! They threatening to kick us out even after we quiet down! My family and I was very displease with the service and we will not be returning ever again!

1 Thank Tasha T
homewoodstlouis, Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Dear Tasha T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. The next time you are in St. Louis, we would love to have you come back.

Michelle N. Bright
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

Our family came to St. Louis to celebrate my father-in-law's 80th birthday. We chose a Homewood Suites because of our good experiences with this hotel chain in other cities, because of the 2-room suites they provide (our families brought children that were easily accommodated in the living space, leaving the bedroom private for the parents), and because of the central location in the city. It is not an especially beautiful location, but it is across the street from a large mall with a theater, the Galleria, which made some shopping and eating convenient. We were not disappointed. The staff went out of their way to meet our needs, even making sure that our disabled parents had an accessible room, though they were fully booked. Every staff member we met was helpful, kind, courteous, and professional. Each morning, for example, they had our parents sit and they went to the breakfast buffet to get them whatever they requested. The rooms and the hotel in general were immaculately clean, and the rooms were quiet, even being next to a highway. The included hot breakfast was well prepared and offered a large variety of items. The suites included a full kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator, so we could prepare snacks, and store our meal leftovers for later. Overall, this was a very nice experience, and we will keep staying in Homewood Suites when we travel.

Room Tip: The higher floors have a slightly better view.
Saint Louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Tried to get help from an front desk clerk, Shantay and she was determined to make the morning miserable. No smile, no hello... just gong through the ropes. Other employees were nice, however, this one person pushed me to make other arrangements for myself, board members of my company and friends and family. Apparently, she is not a morning person.

Never understood why companies put bad attitudes at the front desk.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. The Ritz is right down the road.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joey N
homewoodstlouis, Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
I appreciate your review and apologize for the poor customer service during your stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are always looking for ways to improve upon our service to ensure our guests have a rewarding stay. I will take your feedback and address these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area, we welcome you for a second opportunity to demonstrate the level of service we are known for and that you deserve. Thank you again for your comments.

Michelle N. Bright
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Heights
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton
Forest Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis / Forest Park
The Cheshire
#37 of 121 in Saint Louis

Been to Homewood Suites St. Louis - Galleria? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK