“Our southern tradition ”
Review of Waffle House

Waffle House
Ranked #21 of 33 Restaurants in Platte City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Its American grease at its finest, but ever since our eldest moved to Louisiana some years back, we make it a point to visit Waffle House whenever we are near one. It's how we know we're in the South.

Hubby was in a breakfast mood with cheesy eggs. His hash browns were scattered and smothered. (Waffle House has its own lingo.) I ordered a gorgeous side salad and BLT.

This particular WH us new, sparkling clean and nicely air conditioned. The three folks behind the counter worked well together and clearly enjoyed each other's company. We had a good meal and a fine time.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

One of the cleaner waffle houses we've been to however under staffed and food took a very long time to come out.. Came out in courses instead of all together. Waitress spilled an entire glass of orange juice in my little girls lap all she did was say she was sorry as she watched US clean it up, nothing was taken off the bill and as half of my daughters supper sat in a pool of OJ nothing was offered to be remade either so she left hungry. Needless to say we won't be back!

Reviewed 21 March 2016

Went to Waffle House for a quick breakfast. They can crank a hot meal out in 5 minutes. Great hash browns and fast service.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

I dined here on sunday, march 6th about 8am and it was a terrible experience. I thought the restaurant was just busy for breakfast when I waited for a seat at the counter and all other booth seats were full. but it soon became evident the problem was they were training two new cooks at the same time on sunday morning rush time. that was stupid thing to do for customer service. I finally got to order and watched the trainer taking all orders from the servers and holding them in his hand and slowly giving them to the trainer cooks. a breakfast with waffle and bacon that usually takes 5 or 6 minutes to arrive and I am done in 15 minutes total took 45 to 50 minutes of my morning that I didn't have to lose. the bacon and waffle weren't done right either. I will avoid this place for one year and never stick around if I see training going on again.. and the worst part was they didn't apologize or explain the delay to anyone and that manager didn't seem to care one bit that it was slow. I watched many people leave and not stick around, I should have left also.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Couldn't have asked for a tastier breakfast or a nicer wait staff. Our family took up three booths but we received excellent and friendly service. We love this place.