“haven't been back for awhile”

Tanner's Bar and Grill
Ranked #13 of 33 Restaurants in Platte City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 May 2017

the last few times I stopped at Tanner's, it took quite awhile to just get drinks. Then when we finally ordered the time we waited to get our food seemed just too long. Now mind you I am not that picky about time, but this was probably 45 minutes (I'd say an hour, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt). I ordered Chicken strips. Just an old favorite of mine, how bad could you mess up chicken strips, right? Well, they were tough to chew, and a bit overcooked. I recall being there a previous time, as we are local people, and our experience then wasn't the greatest either for similar reasons. And I suppose that is why I haven't returned for quite some time, probably it's been over a year. I do hope they are better, maybe I'll try again. OH, and during the dinner hour, maybe you could turn the music down a bit so people can have a conversation during their dinner? I remember it was so loud I couldn't hear the person across the table talking to me. Saw their lips moving, but couldn't make out the words over the loud music.

1  Thank KCNavyMomLiz
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Tanner's was perfect - large family group went in and was able to catch up and unwind after a very difficult day. Food and drinks - excellent. Great service and wait staff.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Sometimes the service is a little slow, but the food is always worth the wait. The Surf and Turf Nachos are unusual and delicious!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

I first started eating at Tanner's about a year ago, but stopped because I thought the food wasn't really that good (e.g. greasy and unremarkable). I started going there again this week. I went twice and it is still the same old place. Both times I sat down at the bar to order food to go and it took an average of 5 minutes to get waited on, even though the place wasn't busy. Either the servers don't have good situational awareness or don't really care; probably a bit of both. I got the Reuben sandwich and the Power Slaw on Saturday and it was mediocre (not enough corn beef and generally unremarkable). Today, I ordered the same thing along with fried mushrooms. Same old Reuben, but this time it was greasy and the mushrooms were flavorless and greasy and they forgot to give me my Power Slaw. I don't know why I expect it to get better, since I've been there about five times now over a period of 18 months. I think maybe it is because Tanner's has a really cool atmosphere (i.e. clean and large sports bar with lots of TVs). But don't be fooled by appearances. This place is consistently poor with regard to customer service, overpriced mediocre food, and no attention to detail. I think the only reason they stay in business is because it is the only sports bar of its kind in tiny Platte City. If there was an Applebees or Buffalo Wild Wings nearby, Tanner's would be out of business with a quickness.

1  Thank JCG098
Reviewed 30 December 2016

Firstly, everything we ordered was speckled in large black pieces of black pepper and not freshly ground pepper either. The tenderloin had a fried coating on it that came off in one piece like a sheet. Meat was tasteless and looked like a old chicken nugget underneath. Everything looked old like it was sitting around or reheated long ago. The mashed potatoes were mashed red potatoes with skin on; there were bits of honey mustard sauce within the potatoes, which made us think they scooped them off someone elses plate!? There were so many thick red skins within the potatoes they were just nasty, and Ive never met a potato I couldn't eat. The green bean casserole was again so over peppered it was inedible for that reason, not to mention the soupy drippy consistency and the chunks of beef or burnt ends?... some sort of meat in the green bean casserole...Strange! Again, it made us think our carry out was scraped from someone elses dinner plate and bits of other stuff got mixed in. This was second time ordering food for carry out.Waste of $. NEVER AGAIN. Disgusting.

2  Thank shwrldtraveler