“Stay somewhere else”

Inn At Grand Glaize
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
“Stay somewhere else”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

The hotel itself wasn't too bad, just outdated. We were supposed to have a non smoking room but it was still smelly and had an ashtray in it. Also booked a special with a boat rental promo but no boat was ever reserved for us even after they gave us a signed slip for it so we had to change our plans around. On top of that free breakfast was advertised when we booked but then they changed it the day before our arrival and we ended up having to pay even after bringing it to their attention because "free breakfast is only offered on slow business days." what?! Sure its cheap but you don't get what you think your paying for. Spend a few extra $$$ and stay somewhere nicer with better service

• Stayed July 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My priorities for booking this trip was to have a great view and a pool so we could rest and relax. I got both of these with the Inn at Grand Glaize. The view from our room was fantastic and the pool was nice.Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. However, I should have brought feather pillows from home. The bathroom was serviceable. Our room was very quiet. I thought the wait staff in the cafe and lounge were friendly and helpful. The inside of the hotel was clean and well -appointed. The outside however could use a good scrubbing and fresh paint , particularly around the pool area.A full time grounds keeper to take care of the plants and pick up the trash would be a wise investment.
We ate at the City Grill on Thursday which had German Food special on Thursdays. The food was very good and reasonably priced. We had an excellent thin crust pizza for lunch one day at Li'l Rizzo's. We had an excellent Italian dinner at Biggy's. The Italian antipasta along with garlic bread was great. We each had a veal dish and they were both outstanding.
I enjoyed our stay at the Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Stayed 4 nights from July 22rd to 26th, 2 rooms, seperate floors, 1st floor because I had a dog, other on 3. I was aware beforehand and that was cool. Love the balcony overlooking the lake, Im a smoker. I was satisfied, bathroom fixture on 1, showed wear, but were clean, quiet where I was, 110. My sons wife were kept awake Friday night by noisy neighbors in the hall, she did not call front desk, so thats on her, other nights were fine. The staff was very friendly and helpful, someone spilled something sticky in the elevator, I called them, next time I was in it was clean. The pool was nice, bar and grill on weekends, it's hilly so they have a coutesy cart if you dont want to walk it. The restaraunt was good, Breakfast buffet was tasty. Don't drink, but it looked like they were having fun in the bar, DJ and such. Yes, Osage beach is a party place and many people are pigs, I saw the beer cans in the morning when I went out with the dog, but it was all cleaned up by mid morning, The watercraft rental, WFO I believe, is convenient and reasonable, I am satisfied with my stay, My family was satisfied and will be strongly considered for our next stay at Osage Beach.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Calvin L
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I've will attempt to attach photos that should be viewed...hopefully will not be blocked. As they say - Pictures are worth a thousand words. I visit Osage Beach at least once a year of not twice a year and have stayed a many of the hotels/resorts/cabins but I was very disappointed with Inn at Grand Glaize. The view was beautiful and the staff was okay. The service in the bar was good one night (Sat) but was poor on Friday night. The worst was the condition of the room! The bathroom was horrible!! The sink facket was covered in grim and crude (see photos) and the toilet was cracked and peeling. I complained the next day and was told "should have said something when the maid service was available" WHAT! The conditon of this room didn't happen overnight --- this is months worth of neglect!! How would the maid miss this to begin with? I tried to show them photos which the front desk did not want to see and I was dismissed. I have read other reviews and then the response from Mr. Jeff Wohlt and I think his response has been down right rude at times. I welcome his response to this posting and hope that he will review the photos first and realize that this is not a "made up" post but contains facts.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robin P
GlaizeGM, General Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
This hotel was built by Stan Musial in 1985. We are doing all we can to upgrade in a very DOWN economy. Most guests are very happy and return all the time. With that said, I also have people here that vow to never come back that is just part of the business... I have stayed at so many luxury resorts and many I could say the same thing about, rude staff, bathroom not as clean as I would like and food was terrible and they basically did not care when I did bring it to their attention.

I love research so when I actually do the complaints based on the number of guests we have I can tell you it is so low that it hardly shows on the scale so we are doing something right!

No, I do not like it but this is part of the job. Without input from valuable customers like you we would never get better.

Poster, you have the number to the hotel and I always welcome any calls to assist customers or issues.

I really try not to come off as rude because I always go out of my way for guests and if you look at most hotels listed their GMs won't even take time to respond to these. I DO because I want us to do a better job whenever we can.

Thanks you for your valuable response.

Travellers are raving about these Osage Beach hotels

Maryville
Reviewed 25 July 2011

A last minute girl's trip landed us in Osage Beach, Missouri with no place to stay. We found a spacious, clean room with a great view of the lake at Inn at Grand Glaize! The front desk staff were great! They set up our cab, sent us to all the right places for a great couple nights of total fun. Even the pool was great! Can't wait to go back!! Thanks for making our trip so easy and fun!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
19.8 km away
The Lodge at Old Kinderhook
5.8 km away
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Inn At Grand Glaize? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK