I stay at this resort once a year and I always look forward to the visit.
That being said, the place does have a 50 year old rustic lodge feel to it. That works on two levels - I really like the lodge feel, the wood everywhere, and especially the heavily wooded area. The lake surrounds the resort, and the views change throughout the day. In the morning when the sun rises, during the day when the sky is blue, and in the evening as the sun sets each view is captivating.
On the other hand, the place looks like it is 50-60 years old and needs updates. In most places I have stayed on site, the walls need to be fixed - wood paneling is peeling and ceilings need work. The furnishings look old and worn.
I do like the variety of rooms though. You can stay in the tower over looking the lake with nice triangular decks, or you can stay in duplex cabins, quad cabins, or solo cabins with a wide range of windows, decks, patios, and views. Some rooms have walk outs others don't. Building B is convenient to the main building, but has the worst views and rooms.
Building C is odd - but close to everything I like it the best.
The restaurants on site are decent.
Overall, through the years, I have found the service to be outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Tan-Tar-A Resort, we provide guests endless excitement with an abundance of year round recreational activities in a casual and relaxed resort setting with an experienced team of friendly staff. Conveniently located on the shores of the Lake of the Ozarks in Central Missouri,Tan-Tar-A Resort offers a great value for families, couples, and conference attendees with:- Exciting water adventures including wave runners, and ski, pontoon & paddle boat rentals- Wet, wild indoor family fun at Timber Falls Indoor Waterpark- 27 holes of championship golf with tree-lined fairways, rolling hills and breathtaking vistas of the Lake of the Ozarks- The "Bears Den" Arcade, guided horseback trail rides, miniature golf, a bowling alley and two outdoor tennis courts provide guests of all ages a variety of fun experiences- Seasonal supervised fun for kids ages 4-12 at "Kids Kabin" and "Camp Tan-Tar-A". While the adults are golfing or enjoying a romantic day at the spa, the kids can have the times of their lives with a variety of affordable fun activities2- Windjammer Spa and Salon is the place to spend a day nourishing your body and soul in an intimate, relaxed setting- 9 restaurants & lounges available to suit every palate and pocketbook, from hardy casual Ozark favorites to lakeside dining- Over 90,000 square feet of customizable indoor meeting space with 30 meeting rooms,as well as multiple scenic outdoor venues- Experienced, down-to-earth conference planning team offering solutions to unique group events- Personalized, custom wedding services, down to the last detail ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina And Indoor Waterpark
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Osage Beach
- Osage Beach Tan Tar a Resort
- Tan Tara Resort
- Tan Tar Hotel Osage Beach
- Tan Tar Resort Osage Beach
- Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Osage Beach, MO - Lake Of The Ozarks