All reviewsbeach housegreat family atmospherenew ownersplayground areafamily reunionenjoying the viewbeautiful condoa great vacationboat dockrooms are spaciousstate parkget awayqueen bedtwo nightsnice pooleasy accessoff season
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I just spent a weekend at Kapilana Resort & although I've stayed at several places in this area over the years, Kapilana is my new favorite spot. I love the location. My room - a poolside suite with 2 bedrooms & a kitchen - was spacious & clean. The pool & patio were immaculate & the lake area was ideal for swimming or laying out on the dock or the giant lily pad. Above all I love the atmosphere at this resort. It was friendly & relaxing & the owners were hospitable from the moment we arrived on friday until we checked out on Sunday. They are clearly passionate about their new business & go the extra mile to make guests feel at home at every opportunity. Already planning a trip to this resort with my family next month.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We just returned from a short weekend visit. A nice view of the lake with many water activities available.

The new owners are fantastic and seem very willing to go the extra mile to ensure guests are satisfied. We didn't have any specific issues but did have a lot of questions since it was our first time visiting the area.

I'm sure we'll back to the area and would have this place at the top of our list for places to stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Stayed for 2 nights. Very nice, very happy with our stay. We were able to get room on short notice. Nice pool and great swimming area. Clean and comfortable. Great place to stay if you want to be lake front, views are great. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We stumbled onto Kapilana Resort by accident and decided on a whim to book a room. Not really knowing what to expect we quickly read some reviews here on trip advisor, and decided, why not? We stayed in the "beach house", which we later learned had the oldest (but probably the most charming) rooms at the resort. The beach house was built in 1946, and sits right at the water's edge, while the newer more modern condo-type rooms do not. There is a well-maintained pool and a lake edge swimming beach, boat slips if you have a boat. Kapilana Resort is located near the Grand Glaize Bridge and is close to a lot of attractions. Brian and his wife are the relatively new owners who are great people, they work hard to make Kapilana a great place to stay, and make you feel like family. We liked that our room had a kitchenette, therefore we could prepare most of our meals and save money on dining out. Reviews, stated that the "beach house" was the place to stay, and we're glad we did.

Room Tip: Beach house is right at the water's edge and has retro charm. The modern condos are not at the water's edge but do have views of the lake.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie-JorgeG
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

My friends and I recently stayed the weekend here in beach house 7. This is my second time staying here, last time we stayed in beach house 9. The view from this place is seriously amazing. It's hard to believe that with the view, lake and pool access and room amenities that this place is so affordable. It gives everybody a chance to experience the lake. The rooms are clean and you can't hear your neighbors which is good for light sleepers like myself. I was told that they are even updating some of the rooms too! Also, we had to leave early due to a family emergency and I called the owner at 2am expecting a tired and angry voice but that didn't happen! The owners of this place went out of their way to help us get booked, even after an internet booking mishap. Seriously, these new owners are fantastic! It's a fun and relaxing place to stay. I highly doubt I'll stay anywhere else on the lake ever again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends