“It is what it is :)”

Cuisines: Asian
Description: Phone 573.302.7733
Description: Phone 573.302.7733
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

My fiance and I have been coming to ToA for a few years now. We keep coming back as its one of the only Asia style buffet in the area. The food is always hit or miss but we make it a lunch tradition as the cost of the buffet is a lot more reasonable during the day. However the main reason we continue to come back time and time again is the live entertainment lol.. we've watched the young boy that helps out grow up go from straight out of school with books in hand right to work, even before homework, to the teenager he is now that just doesn't give a crap...and we find it hilarious how little he cares...couple that with Mrs. Owner yelling at Mr. Owner in their native tongue cracks us up every time...so if you don't take your Asian buffet experience so seriously and realize it's just that...a buffet ...it's a decent little place to have a cheap lunch or all you can eat crawl fish and crab meat for dinner.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 27 May 2016

I always do the hibachi grill. Very few item choices though. I made the most of it and the food was cooked perfectly in a nice sauce.

Only two islands of buffet dishes. Pretty disappointing if you want buffet.

Egg rolls above average.

Had to look around for the vat of hot oil and found it behind a glass screen in the grill area.

Electronics store next door finished off my experience with booming bass thumping through the wall. Had to eat fast to get out and get away from the aggravating noise.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

The restaurant was over 80 degree’s when we entered and we told the owner it was so hot, they then turned the air conditioning on.
The tables are so greasy and sticky and the place is really dirty for a restaurant. For the buffet at 1 p.m. over ½ of the items were almost gone. They would refill items about every 15-20 minutes. Some of the trays had food that sat there for hours and was so overheated it was disgusting.
The food that we did eat was just acceptable, it was so dull and boring and flavorless.
There was screaming and yelling between the help the whole time we were there. The boy that worked there really was rude and did not care about the customers or dirty tables.

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

I was craving some sushi while driving home from south Missouri and found this place on a Google search. Considering it was near the lake I figured it would be a quality place. I was wrong. I was there for the evening buffet at 5:30pm and found very little sushi available and it was still wrapped in plastic wrap... left over from lunch (or who knows how long ago). I unwrapped it and did eat some, hoping I wouldn't regret it on the two hour drive I still had ahead of me. The table was sticky, the service was crappy, and there was very little other items on the buffet to choose from. (Probably more left overs from lunch). The thing that really made me mad is that lunch there is $8 and dinner is $10.50. Basically, I paid the dinner price for leftovers from lunch!! Don't go here. You are better off going to one of the many other nice restaurants in this area.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

The Buffet is an all you can eat. In the evening it is $10.99 not bad...if there is food. We arrived at 5:30 pm. No shrimp, no sweet and sour sauce, no white rice, no honey chicken, no crab rogoon! I asked to owner, the cooks wife, when will these be brought out? "COOKING" is all she would say. After 20 minuets finally some white rice! slowly and I mean slowly, a very few shrimp came out. But no red sweet sauce! in one hour the honey chicken never came out! We never were asked if there was a problem, no coke refills, the cook and his wife yelling at each other in some Asian language all the time!

I do not mind paying for good food or even so so food, but paying for no food is beyond acceptable! We paid $27.00 for NO food! I hate being ripped off! this place robbed us. The owners put out such small amount of food that only 3 or 4 people get to eat what they put out. This is not just cheap miserly owners, but its robbing the people that expect to get something to eat!

Besides the food the booth seats are torn, and things look old and worn out. The owners son makes apologies for his parents, but that does not make up for NO FOOD TO EAT!
DO NOT BOTHER TO GO HERE, unless you are not hungry and don't mind eating what little they have out that no one else wanted.

The Touch of Asia either needs to serve food or close their door!

Date of visit: April 2016