“Vietnamese Pho Sandwiches”
Review of Bun Mee Phan

Bun Mee Phan
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Great Place for Vietnamese Pho Sandwiches: Boba Tea! Customer Friendly Very Economical! North Kansas Cities Newest Secret! Authentic Vietnamese Sandwiches! Come Ready with a Good Food Pallet!

3  Thank Ernest J

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

4th or 5th time here. Was told by another customer to try the pork belly sandwich with fried egg. Wow so good. I will definitely order that again. It was fantastic. Was getting pretty busy on Sat at lunch time. Place is pretty small but with talking to the owner he is looking to expand to the building next door.

3  Thank Cameron S
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

A family member recommended this place for some Bahn Mi sandwiches. Walked in and the place was small so dining in wasn't an option. But that was ok, i would rather get carryout as long as the food was good. Ordered two combo bahn mi sandwiches, a coconut bubble tea, and some of their pastries. Pastries were amazing and best Ive had in a long time. Sandwiches were very good too. Next time i will have to try their pho.

1  Thank petes498
Reviewed 1 July 2016

I drank too much and stayed up past my bedtime so I needed a big bowl of pho to make things right with the world. Normally, I head downtown to get my fix, but decided to check out Bun Mee Phan, today even though they're more of a Vietnamese sandwich shop that happens to have some noodle soups than a full restaurant.

The place is easy to find in a strip mall and shares a parking lot with 3-4 other business so it could be a problem if they're busy but it wasn't today.

I ordered off the menu pho for about $8. Other off the menu options included a chicken curry soup and a Bun Bo Hue (spicy beef noodle soup). I also ordered the special banh mi with with cold cuts and steamed pork for $5. Can't go to a sandwich shop and not get a sandwich.

The restaurant is small. There are only 2 four tops and some two tops along a wall. The main cooking area is in the same space so you can see your sandwiches being made. It's a very casual environment for a quick bite with one or two friends, but you don't feel rushed. In fact, you'll probably chat with the owners and be offered a sample of their slightly sweet donuts. There were about 10 other sandwich orders ahead of me so it took about 15 minutes to get my sandwich and 20 total for my pho.

Not unbearable at all but you might want to call ahead if you're short on time.

My to-go pho was packaged excellently with the noodles, herbs and meat in a box and the boiling hot broth and meat balls in a plastic tub full to the top. I had a small issue finding a bowl big enough to fit it all at home. It came with 1 slice of jalapeno, a lime wedge, a bunch of Thai basil, bean sprouts and chili oil. If you want more jalapenos or some cilanto I'm sure they will accommodate you.

The sandwich was stuffed with fatty cold cuts and lean pork and topped with pickled carrots and daikon with a mild jalapeno inside. There was a little more mayo then I would've liked but I'll know to ask for less next time.

Great new place in the north with friendly owners. Give it a try!

They also sell youtiao (3 for $2) - a savory fried crueller/bread stick - I might pick some up next time and have a bootleg Taiwanese breakfast with warm soy milk.

2  Thank speedracer211
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I love Vietnamese and it whenever I can. I've been here 3 times and had sandwiches and Pho. Never been disappointed. Seated is limited to about 8 tables.

1  Thank Field T