Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
ZenHotels.com
All reviews forest view shaving kit maintained property main road breakfast spread restaurant staff play area for kids excellent stay polite staff nice hospitality house keeping great resort swimming pool modern amenities room service hasan basant
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 April 2022

Great resort convenient location. very good staff and service. we were group of 10 people, staff at sarovar portico did everything to ensure we had comfortable and enjoyable stay. Rooms are nice and clean . one of the best resort in Gir area and convenient to Safari.Special thanks to Omprakash who helped us to tell us about the market and also for giving information about pool and game zone.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Debajyoti Sanyal, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Sasan gir, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2022

Dear Panmeshwar C,

Greetings!

It is wonderful to read your review and being appreciated. Nothing sounds better as much to hear from the guests' their memorable experiences during their stay with us.

We strive to do our best and ensure most of the guests leave the resort with a positive and rejuvenated mind. Sometimesu.

we suceed and even exceed and at times we fail to comprehend the guest expectations. When we hear that our guests were happy with our services, product and the overall value for money we get delighted and that is what we aspire for.

Thank you for appreciating my team's effort and makeing it very hospitable to your loved ones and you. I have shred your feedback with my team and they appreciated your gesture.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 22 April 2022 via mobile

The property is good with a larger swimming pool. I booked this property because I could nt get one at Fern and this is bang opposite Fern. The food is good. We tried Alacarte so have no idea on Buffet. I had asked for smoking rooms but I got one which was no smoking. Also, I precisely requested large beds but in one room 209 I had attached beds basically 2 single bed were brought together which made it very uncomfortable. Asked for a Jungle View room but all I saw the Hotel Garden and Moutain. The staff tried convincing me saying it's jungle view only but I wasnt convinced as all I saw was Hotel Garden and a Moutain from 209. The washrooms are nt kept clean up to the mark keeps stinking. Also, the Jet was leaking making the whole floor wet. One of the morning I went for Safari I came back and I had not requested for room to be cleaned yet staff had opened up the room for cleaning. I had my valuables in the room. Luckily nothing was misplaced but wen precisely wen asked I have mentioned I don’t wan my room to be cleaned why open my room in my absence. This are major reasons for me to give them a 2 star. I wasn’t personally happy with my stay also my friends were visiting GIR for the first time with me even they weren’t happy about the rooms specially the cleanliness of bathrooms.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Debajyoti Sanyal, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Sasan gir, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2022

Dear mansikp,

I have read through your review and we have all non-smoking rooms and we have mentioned that even in our rooms. We care for our guests and the environment of being pollution free as the green environs keep all salubrious. It even leaves a smoky smell all over the room, bath and bed linens and hence cannot be sold for the next 48 hours. But we do allow guests to smoke at a designated open space within the hotel premises.

I apologise for the large bed not allocated to you by my team and hence I have spoken to them on your feedback and will be more careful. As for the room cleaning procedure the Housekeeping team do not enter the room only when there is "Do not disturb" sign outside the room or there is any specific instruction given at the Front Desk. We looked for such record but nothing was mentioned. Otherwise it is understood that the room can be cleaned even in the absence of the guest. In the wardrobe we have safety locker placed for the guests' valuables to be placed to avoid any unprecedented occurances.

Cleanliness of the bathroom have also been looked into and briefed the respective team. Had we known this during your stay and not after would have certainly made your stay more comfortable.

Warm Regards,
Debajyoti Sanyal

Reviewed 18 April 2022 via mobile

This hotel was very good and also Rooms and food, staff was very professional and politely they are all staff caring and friendly overall stey is very good swimming pool was very clean their is available for play area for kids

Dear Mobile44712487595,

Greetings!

Thank you for appreciating Omprakash's service and also taking time out to review our overall hospitality. Your review has encouraged us to deliver even better hospitality to our prospective guests.

I am confident that you will visit us again!

Warm Regards

Reviewed 14 March 2022 via mobile

Nice hospitality,Amazing food, Apt location Staff of every section was very courteous, wonderful experience. Looking forward to visit soon. Rooms are spacious and neat and clean but need to work on bathrooms Will surely recommend friends and family.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Debajyoti Sanyal, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Sasan gir, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2022

Dear rajatrakhijain,

Greetings!

It was really heart warming review that you shared here and we appreciate your gesture. It is indeed our pleasure to have you stay with us and it is wonderful to know that my team were able to make your stay memorable.

It has motivated the entire team and looking forward to see you soon with your loved ones.

Warm Regards,
Debajyoti Sanyal

Reviewed 13 March 2022

This is a resort near the Gir national park entrance. Staffs are very polite and courteous. But bathrooms are lousy and need to be renovated thoroughly.

Restaurant is good and spacious. Foods are very costly even when compared to other Sarovar Portico hotels.

Breakfast spread is elaborate.

They arranged a pick up from the hotel by the Safari Gypsy driver and later a drop at the hotel too. We had to pay extra Rs400/- for this. But this was very helpful for us. Special mention goes to Piyush.

Overall we had a great time.

Date of stay: March 2022