“Nice for a small, locally owned place” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Hearth Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mexico
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Nice for a small, locally owned place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

There were a few minor problems, but I stayed 3 nights and overall it is a good place. The rooms are about like a Red Roof Inn. Small, but adequate with a tv, fridge, microwave, one cup coffee maker and hair dryer. The outside of the building looks a little worn, but inside is ok. The hallway smelled like cigarettes, but my non-smoking room was fine.

It was sweltering hot during my stay and when I got here, my room was not cool. The a/c air felt cool, but not cold. And there was no fridge in my room. I went to the front desk and the lady (who I assume is one of the owners) said "oh, you want a fridge?" Well, it was listed in the room description when I booked, so I expected a fridge, and yes, I do want a fridge. She said it would be no problem to bring one in for me. However, there was the a/c problem. They offered me another room, which turned out to be a suite with a jacuzzi! I was surprised at the upgrade. I ended up taking a different room, but I was pleased with the way they tried to accommodate me.

The towels are cheap and it really takes two to dry off after a shower, so I asked housekeeping to leave me two extra towels (there are two automatically and I was the only person in the room) and the woman questioned me as to why I needed TWO MORE TOWELS since it was just me. As far as I'm concerned, I'm a paying guest and I should be able to have extra towels if I want them. One reason I needed an extra was for the pool, but then she informed me there are pool towels available at the front desk. I didn't realize that, so I did ask for one extra towel. They left one the first day of my stay, but the second it was back to the standard. They also never left more shampoo or soap, even though it should have been obvious from the trash that both were used. The original bar of soap was broken into small pieces, so I threw it away. The fact that there was no soap on the counter and the broken one was in the trash should have been a clue. So I was a little displeased with housekeeping.

The pool was nice and the water temperature was good. The hot tub didn't have many bubbles...some of the jets weren't working....so it was nothing great. Breakfast was pretty standard fare for economy hotels. Bagels, pastries, and cereal. They also have a waffle maker and you have to ask at the front desk for a cup of waffle batter. But they brought it quickly and the right amount was pre- measured into the cup, so all I had to do was pour it in and wait for my waffle!

One complaint I had was the noise from the floor above. I could hear every step the people upstairs made. If I stay again, I might request a 2nd floor room for that reason.

I didn't try the computer, but I saw a sign on the printer that it is 25 cents/copy. The wireless internet was ok.

Overall I was pleased with what I got for the price ($50/night).

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

Apparently the entire family, managing/owning? couple, two kids, and her mother (who doesn't speak English and cleans the rooms) live in the office area and use the 'public' washroom as their personal space. Arrived (with reservation, mid afternoon) to find only a older lady gabbing (in Hindi) on a cell phone, she said "wait" and "back soon". When I needed to use the rest room, I had to ask repeatedly before she gave me her phone and I was told to go into the pool area. When the female desk person arrived, she said she had to pick up her kids from school. The mattress was hard, non smoking room smelled of smoke, had to wake someone by ringing the bell to get waffle batter for the free breakfast, had to ask then argue to get clean towels after the dirty ones were removed, computer in the lobby was very slow with a rude note about time spent and cost of copies.

Room Tip: don't think there is one.
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Barbara B

Travellers are raving about these Mexico hotels

Springville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2011

We stayed at The Country Hearth Inn on the way home from vacation to rest up for a night. When we pulled up my mom and Great Aunt were concerned about the place because it looked a little run down from the outside. We checked in and went to our room. I thought the hallway smelled like dill pickles. I like pickles...but I don't like my motel to smell of pickles. The room was nice. It had a nice chair to sit on and a desk with a micro and fridge. I was happy with the room itself and glad it was better looking than some of the rooms from the outdside. Some other rooms had blankets hanging in the windows and broken shades. But ours was good.

One strange thing...when I called to make my reservation I told the man I would need a first floor room if they didn't have an elevator because we were coming with my mom who cannot do stairs. He told me it was only a one level motel...there was only one floor. I didn't believe him because the pictures looked like there were 2 floors so I called back again at another time and again I got the same answer. When we got there I was right...there were 2 floors. Luckily we did get a 1st floor room. You can see in the picture I've attached of the pool that there are indeed 2 floors. By the way, the pool area is nice. The water is super cold though, and the hottub didn't bubble much, but it is a nice clean area.

This motel works out great for a short stay. There is a very small breakfast set up and the staff was pretty friendly. Our particular room was good...probably not good for a long stay, but it was average and okay for what we needed it for. We really did like having the chair in the room. That was really handy! So I'd say I'd try and find something different when going through town...but if I couldn't this would be okay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Singingstar22
Georgetown, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2010

It was a poor experience. When I first walked in the hotel smelled funny. I stayed in a non smoking room and could smell the smoke INSIDE my room (door closed) when people smoked in their rooms. When we (me and my roommate) got through taking showers, you could smell musty odors and it would remain for hours. The feeling was damp and sticky smelling.

The next morning I called downstairs for fresh towels and the lady on the phone had an attitude. She told me "to come get it."

Half the sockets were not working, some were shaky and coming out of the wall. The windows around the pool are dirty and needs cleaning. The internet service works when it wants to and is very SLOW in the evenings.

And last night I was really thirsty and went downstairs to get a drink. They were sold out and I pushed the little white button to get my money back. Didn't work. I went to the front desk and I told the clerk what happened. He said he had nothing to do with it, and that they are all broke. I said there was no sign saying that the machine was broke. He didn't care.

The customer service sucks, the rooms smell bad, and the vending machines are a rip off. Don't every stay here.
Mexico, MO is a nice cozy little town,
(don't let this hotel spoil it for you).
Other than that I had fun this week in Mexico.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travelbean45
Mercer, ME
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2010

Our company used this hotel over the Easter weekend while in Mexico, MO for business. We normally stay at the larger chains and I am always a little nervous about small town hotels. This hotel was satisfactory, clean and well managed. While I don't recommend it as a destination hotel, for a stop over or business stay you will find it to be quiet and comfortable as well as moderately priced. The staff is friendly and accomadating as are all the people I met in this pretty little Mossouri town.

Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mexico
3.4 km away
Budget Inn
#3 of 6 in Mexico
27.7 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton

Been to Country Hearth Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK