“Nice Hotel, good lounge/bar area. Fitness center needs a bit of refurbishing. Beds are great!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Nice hotel, great beds! Lounge/bar area was great. Service from everyone was very good. The fitness center needed a new floor.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Katie D:

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to compose this TripAdvisor review. I am glad that you appreciated our hotel and staff. You are correct about the fitness center flooring. The equipment is all in good shape but the flooring does need to replaced. I submitted a waiver two weeks ago to seek approval for an alternative type of flooring to be installed. Our company is hoping we can choose another type of flooring. The original flooring did not hold up as well as we had hoped or for very long. We are committed to replacing the floor, we are just waiting for the word to tell us what flooring will be permitted. Hilton is extremely fast at responding to these requests and we should have a new floor chosen in the next few weeks. As soon as this happens, we will order the new floor and should have it installed in the early summer. Thank you for your business and please come back soon!

Dan Gough

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

hotel was very nice far enough away from downtown for quiet stay . yet close enough for easy excess. hotel was clean and quiet. staff very helpful in giving directions and advice. would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear Jeff C:

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to write a TripAdvisor review of our DoubleTree by Hilton. I do think we have a nice location for visiting a variety of locations in the metropolitan area. We are only about 8 miles west from the St. Louis City border. St. Charles is about twelve minute drive west in the opposite direction. We are about 3 miles from interstates 70 and 64. Highway 270 is outside the window and can take you north or south. Page is two blocks away and will take you to St. Charles/St. Peters or take you east. We also offer shuttle transportation to the airport complimentary from 5am to 11:30pm. We have a lot of travelers and vacationers take advantage of our "Park n Fly" packages. Leave your car with us and we will drive you to the airport and pick you up when your trip is over.

Jeff C. thank you for highlighting some of the benefits from staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton,St. Louis\Westport. Come back soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

After leaving another hotel because of problems there, the Doubletree was like a little slice of heaven. In a corporate section of town and near the highway, it still seemed like it was off the beaten path and quiet. The hotel is simple enough from the outside, but was very nice on the inside.

Did not eat at the restaurant, but the food on the menu was pretty pricey. Kind of typical for an upscale brand hotel, but still 13.50 for two eggs with some potatos seemed a bit extreme to me. Save your money and visit a nearby restaurant. There are enough of them.

I was looking forward to using the hot tub but it had a sign that said "out of order". VERY disappointing.

My WTF moment of the stay came when I dragged my luggage upstairs along with my purse and briefcase, arrived at my room, put my keycard in the door and the the handle would not open the door. The little green light went on and you heard the click, but the door wouldn't open. So, I went in search of a telephone and there was a hotel phone right by the elevator, but the phone was missing from the cradle. So I had to head back down to the lobby, with all of my belongings and ask the front desk clerk what was going on. It turns out in this particular hotel when you insert your keycard you need to take the door handle and push it UP rather than down, like most normal hotel doors operate. This of flushing a toilet and instead of pushing down, you push up?. No biggie, but just not something I even considered. I thought someone was in the room and that it was dead bolted...So, you've been warned about the doors.

My room was VERY nice and I can't say enough nice things about the bed. Oh my, they were so comfortable as were the pillows and the blankets. NO complaints about sleep quality here. The air conditioner/fan worked just fine.

Very clean room and bathroom, plush towels and adequate toiletries. Overall I was very pleased with the hotel and except for the hot tub being shut down, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Suezinohio:

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor Survey. I am glad you thought our hotel was nice on the inside. I do apologize for the hot tub. You must have stayed here this week, in fact I think I remember seeing you in the lobby Monday or Tuesday morning. When we found the hot tub was not heating up to the right temperature we paid for a part to be overnighted, and the hot tub is back up and running. I also apologize for your lock. Your lock was not on backwards, but you must have had a lock that had bad clutch. They will open both ways but sometimes a clutch malfunctions and won't open with a traditional downward push. I will see if I can find out which room you were in, or you can email me at dgough@doubletreewestport.com. Thank you for recognizing the beds, they continue to get rave reviews. Thanks for a good review of the bathroom as well, and happy to hear that you will be returning. Please do come back soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed very recently at the Double Tree property and the staff was excellent. Brian, I believe the supervisor at the Front Desk was amazing and accommodating. There was an elderly woman checking in before me and Brian was very patient, friendly and welcoming. Seeing the woman was older he offered to help with her luggage himself. She declined but Brian still helped the guest load the luggage onto the luggage cart for her. Brian is very friendly guy and I wouldn’t normally comment on a site about someone but he makes very guest feel very welcomed and special so I felt compelled to write about how great he made me feel. Great service at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear John A from Atlanta, GA:

How is Atlanta? I used to live there in the early 90s. Thank you for calling the staff Excellent. Yes, Brian is our desk supervisor, new desk supervisor. He has not even been here two weeks. I guess we made the right hire. It was extremely kind of you to recognize him and take the time to compose this TripAdvisor Survey. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

The hotel was very quiet which is to be expected of a business oriented hotel. All of the business services were excellent, but that should be expected right? The room was clean but needs to be updated. The bathtub had cracks all over, the ceiling has old yellowed dropceiling, the carpet had stains and the AC unit kept turning off. The beds were very comfortable though and the internet was above par.

My only complaint was that my change was stolen from my dresser. Anytime I stay anywhere I always put a 'do not disturb' sign on my door so that my room is exempt from cleaning. On my 2nd to last day when I returned after dinner I noticed my sign was gone and my room was cleaned. I also noticed that some of my change was stolen. Not all of it....that would be obvious, only my quarters. It was only $1.25 so the money was not a big deal but it was the principal...the ethics.

Overall my stay was good and I would come back. I would just request at the front desk to keep the cleaning people out of my room!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ThatSMUGguy

Dear That SMUGguy:

Thank you for staying with us and glad to hear that you would come back. I am glad you found the business services to be excellent, and you're right, that should be expected. I believe I know what room you were in. I will take a look at the tub and see about replacing it. I will also look at the dropped ceiling in your guest room, which must be in the bathroom. I am having carpets cleaned this Easter Weekend, so I will add your room to the list.

I am sorry about the missing "DND" sign and missing change. I don't think the room attendant took the DND sign off intentionally, it probably fell off. We really don't have to argue with our staff about cleaning one less room. I will glady match and double the $1.25 in quarters missing, and I can certainly understand how that would be frustrating. I hope you do return soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK