See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night because I needed a place to stay in Malden. The building looks like an old strip office building made into a motel. The entrance is in the middle of the building.

The entrance has some dated seating and the front desk. There was a small meeting room where I thought was where breakfast was served (but, alas, no breakfast). Front staff was very friendly and check-in was efficient.

I entered my room and noticed that there was no chair for the work desk. I went to the front desk and got a folding chair from the meeting room. Then, I went to plug in my electronics / laptop and there was only one outlet already full. Thank goodness I travel with a 360electrical.

Room itself was an old, run-down motel I used to stay in 30+ years ago. Bedspreads were not the cleanest, carpet was rather stained, and the bathroom had damage that wasn't fixed completely. I'm not real picky about accommodations; I mean I spent many a night in a tent with the Army. But, this place really needs some TLC.

The best thing about this place is that the nearby country club allows guests to eat there. It's probably the best place in town to eat.

Would I stay here again? I don't think there is any other place in Malden, that's why I stayed here. Thank goodness I only spent ~$54/night.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank burnsomaha
Reviewed 15 September 2015

We were in Malden for a family reunion. Have stayed at this hotel before. It is small, quiet clean and no frills. Staff friendly and accommodating. You park right outside your room. Rates approximately 69.00 a night. No pool, no hot tub, no restaurant on site but it was exactly what we were looking for. Wifi free but spotty. Will stay there again for future visits.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MommaLew
Reviewed 11 March 2015

This hotel is so convenient if you are visiting in Malden. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. There is a mini refrigerator and a microwave in each room. The lady who manages the hotel is so friendly - makes you feel right at home. We have stayed here several times and are always very pleased - great price, too!

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank nellie195105
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were given a smoking room, perhaps because of the dogs. It smelled so bad and had awful nicotine stains on the walls. Carpet was filthy. I sleep with a CPAP and had to change all the filters and soak all tubing when I got home, as it still smelled like smoke. The bed is hard and I did not sleep well. I was already awake by the time the train came through. On the plus side, the front desk lady is friendly and helpful. We come to this area twice a year for family events, and appreciate the fact that the dogs can stay, so we put up with the rest. I prefer the Drury in Sikeston, but it is a much longer drive back and forth to our relative's house. Be sure to bring your own shampoo and conditioner. You can ask for a blow dryer at the desk, there isn't one in the room.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The room was very clean with a fridge, microwave, flatscreen TV with lots of chnnels for cable and great wifi. The walls are thick and insulated well so you don't people from other rooms. I had read reviews of the beds seemed hard, but we brought our own pillows to balance that out. I would highly recommend this motel when traveling in the area and will definatly stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2014