“Friendly staff, clean room”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Lebanon
Champaign, IL
“Friendly staff, clean room”
Reviewed 29 March 2010

My grown son and I were travelling from Illinois to Oklahoma on business, and we stopped in Lebanon after midnight to find a room. Our room at the Wyota Best Western was very clean and quiet, and the beds were comfortable. The only quibble I have was that the room had a rather strong smell (not a bad one), which grew fainter after we were inside for a bit. The next morning we enjoyed the fresh waffles (which you pour onto the waffle iron yourself), which were among the offerings of the hotel's abundant continental breakfast. On both the night and day shifts, the staff we saw were friendly and accommdating.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Anamosa
Reviewed 10 September 2009

We stayed at this motel and found that one of the beds bedding had'nt even been changed and found a cock roach crawling on the wall heater/cooling unit! We didn't check in until 10:30 at night so it was about 11:00 at night before we settled into the room and discovered the uncleanliness. Now I have four bites on the insides of both knees that itch like crazy and and after thorough researh believe them to be from bedbug bites. So be aware! It definately is the not the place to stay. Terrible housecleaning too - it looked like it hadn't been vaccumed for months. You can definately get more for your money elsewhere!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
BWWyotInn, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 22 September 2009
Upon notice of this complaint, I contacted the local health department and and independent Pest Elimination company. The Health department found no evidence of beg bugs. The Pest elimination company as well found no evidence of Bed Bugs.
Ada, OK
Reviewed 1 March 2008

I had to stay in Lebanon unexpectedly. I stayed at another local hotel a couple weeks ago during an ice storm. When I checked in "Sandy" was excellant with directions for places to eat and a store i needed to find. The room was clean and comfortable the king size bed was the best I have ever had in a hotel.

I had a problem with my wifi at about 10pm. The manager came from his home to help get connected. The problem was not even the hotel's issue. It was a vista issue I was unaware of. He took the time to fix it for me and I got my work done.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
INDIANA
Reviewed 4 February 2008

This was out third stay in this hotel We stayed here twice in jan of "07 on our trip to california. AT that time the rooms were comfortable and very clean. Their breakfast was in a restaurant next door and was hot and good. This year the first room we were given had pubic hair in the bed. We were given another room, but the sheet looked like they had been slept in. the bathtub had a ring in it and the room didn't look dusted. The breakfast was in the lobby(restaurant next door closed) and it wasn't very good. No protein offered, no microwave for hot cereal, apples only fruit. I guess it was a continental breakfast in the strick sense, but very much below what you would expect from a Best Western.

• Liked — location, we are traveling from indiana to california
  • Disliked — dirty, limited breakfast
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
michigan
Reviewed 5 January 2007

This is a good hotel, clean and decent value. The breakfast is in the restaurant next door. Choices are limited and no meat in the breakfast. The waitress wasn't very pleasant.

• Liked — met my expectations
  • Disliked — poor breakfast
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
4.5 km away
4.3 km away
Super 8 Lebanon
Super 8 Lebanon
#3 of 11 in Lebanon

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK