“Unique but doesnt hide the fact that its an old motel and there was bed bugs!”
Review of Munger Moss Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lebanon
Munger Moss Motel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Lebanon
Sydney
“Unique but doesnt hide the fact that its an old motel and there was bed bugs!”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

It does take you back in time and thats what we were after on our Route 66 road trip. The themed room was fun and the memorabilia was interesting to look at. The owners were extremely welcoming and friendly too.

Unfortunately our stay was ruined by bed bugs which we only discovered when we were about to goto sleep. But I must give credit to the owner who even though we woke her up was still very apologetic and polite about it.

It really is a shame because I would have liked to give a very good rating.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Time travel is possible, just spend a night as the guest of Bob and Ramona at the Munger Moss Motel. Clean, simple, quiet, and vintage neon are the frosting on the cake for a restfull evening after a long day on the road. One hundred percent time capsule with just a thin veneer of modern makes the Munger Moss an ideal place to rest a weary head.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank AdventurerJim
london
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Stayed here on my route 66 adventure, from England. I had done a fair bit of research on accommodation along the route and the history of these accommodations. I saw that The Munger Moss is THE place to stay in the area. When I booked the hotel, speaking to the wonderful owner, Ramona, I knew I had found a real Route 66 gem!

The motel is wonderful! I had the route 66 room, decked out from wall to wall with wonderful old and newer photos of everything to do with Route 66 - and the decor was in keeping with when Route 66 had its heyday. Felt like I was travelling back in time - but in a GREAT way!

Ramona is wonderful and had a couple of long chats with her recounting her experience running the motel with her hubby and the guests she has had (very positive) and history of Route 66.

That sign - wow - its fully renovated and the sign alone is a great reason to stay.

It was the true route 66 experience - absolutely nothing like a boring chain motel. I managed to not stay in any chain motels and staying in these places like The Munger Moss really made my vacation. This place had VIBE! and CLASS!

Thanks for a wonderful stay!

Go on,,,,, book a room, you won't be sorry!

Room Tip: The Route 66 room
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank mkellis
Scarsdale, NY
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Room was disappointingly dirty. An oily dusty film covered all surfaces, even the night table.. No soap in tiny bathroom, which also smelled bad. Obviously our room had not been maintained in a long time. We were a little creeped out, but it was late, so we stayed. At 630am, a roofing crew began repairs right above our room. Owner's unsympathetic response to complaint was, "They have to work sometime! We've been trying to fix this roof for four months." Hotel could have decided not to rent rooms below where they knew work was being done....but they really did not care. I thought it was odd when they had insisted on payment when we checked in (which suggests the hotel is used by a lot of transients or hookers) but now I understand why - they knew we would not want to pay after staying the night. The neon sign was terrific artifact of older times - look at the sign, but stay down the road..

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be pleasanter
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ScarsdaleMan
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here on Sept. 27, 2011 while on our annual Route 66 trip. We have traveled all of the route and many sections numerous times. We always try to stay in the original motels and eat in the mom and pop restaurants. The Munger Moss was a perfect example of one of the original motels that has been extremely well preserved. We stayed in Room 66 and found the accomadations very nice. We especially loved the bathroom with the turquoise/blue tiled walls, coral/pink sink, tub and fixtures and coral mosaic tile a beautiful example of yesteryear. It was also amazingly clean and well kept. I wish it would have been a little warmer as I would have loved to have tried out the pool. We didn't get to meet the owners but they need to be commended for their love and dedication to preserving this beautiful motel. P.S. Also loved the newly restored neon sign!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Doug M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lebanon
4.5 km away
4.6 km away
Super 8 Lebanon
Super 8 Lebanon
#3 of 11 in Lebanon

Been to Munger Moss Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK