“Bad Customer Service”

Camden on the Lake Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This past week I stayed at Camden on the Lake for a business conference. While the facility was nice, the front desk staff did not help my stay start off on the right foot. I was ignored while I was waiting to be checked in and then they couldn't tell me where check in was for my registration. To top it off, they didn't even offer to find out for me. I was not impressed. Then when I went back later to inquire about the fitness center to find out when it opened, they didn't know.

It was good I didn't have a lake view room because the noise on the lake side lasted until the early morning hours.

The food service staff was great!

1  Thank ParkvilleEDC

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I have been to this resort several times and I always love the accommodations. We have stayed in a couple of the suites and once in a regular room. I really don't mind being on the bar side with the music. I enjoy the music and if I am tired I can sleep through that anyway. The suites have washer-dryer combos which I have used. They didn't seem to work real well but it might have been user error. The kitchen is amazing. Everything you need if you want to fix a quick breakfast or lunch. Dishwasher, refrigerator (with ice maker in the suite), granite counters, dishes, pans, utensils, cook top, disposal, etc. The volleyball court is open air but under the building so it isn't in the sun. Makes it nice to play if you can get a group of people that know how. In the suite there is a living room with a nice surround sound stereo and flat screen TV. There is also a flat screen TV in the bedroom and bathroom. All the rooms are spacious. The hotel has a theater that you can watch movies in. We just asked and they rented a movie of our choice to see. There is a small pool table downstairs, too.
The pool is very nice with an area that is under the building so you can get out of the sun if you need to. The swim up bar is really nice. This is probably the only negative I will complain about.... We were there on Friday and Saturday this week and I love to sit at the pool to tan and take a dip to cool off. However, they had a huge party and people from who knows where came in and took over the place on both days. I really don't mind a crowd at the pool but this was ridiculous. It was obvious the pool party people were not staying at the hotel for the most part. There were so many people, you couldn't find a chair nor could you get into the pool without stumbling over people. The worst part is that most of these people were smoking and if the smoke didn't get in your face, then you were surely floating right next to nasty ashes. It is a little frustrating to pay for a hotel and not be able to enjoy the pool for 2 precious days. I would suggest that anyone wanting to enjoy a weekend here should call ahead to make sure they are not hosting a pool party.
Also, I don't think it would have been so bad if the hotel would make it a non-smoking event and bring in some extra chairs during this party. After all, smoking is banned in most big cities now so smokers are getting used to finding a designated area.
Wi-fi is free throughout the property which is great! It is a little unreliable but I was patient and was able to reconnect pretty easily when the signal dropped. We were there for meetings a couple days and the food was not that great. I would probably give a low score on that. The chicken was dry and overcooked and most of the food was pretty bland. The hall doors are not great for keeping out the noise in the hall. We were awakened several times during our stay with people arguing or fighting in the hall. Not sure what was going on with all that. Would I go back? Not unless I got a clear understanding of what was going on in the resort. I just got home and I am tired from interrupted sleep and I am so bummed because I was looking forward to some down time at the pool.

Room Tip: Tips: If you don't like loud music at night ask for a room on the far side away from the bar. I...
4  Thank LSgrandmageegee
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Emily and Carrie at the pool bar are the best bartenders at the lake. The room was nice. The only objection I had was there was no help with your luggage when you first arrive, when you pay for rooms that expensive you expect service. It can be alittle noisy from bands but you also enjoy listening. Overall was a nice trip!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Lmiller198
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Although the price at first had me a little uptight it was well worth it!!! Beautiful Suites! Not rooms, Suites!!! All granite, plush carpet, 2 flat screen TV's, duel head showers. A nice little bar area with small cook top and micro as well as a dishwasher!!! Everything you need, modern and very NICE! The service was exceptional as well! Tiki Bar and Pool Bar were great!! (Eric and Emily). After being in Vegas a couple weeks ago that resulted me in being very disappointed! This was GREAT! I was on the lake, a beautiful view with great service, and $2.00 beers!! Why would anyone go to VEGAS!!!

4  Thank Dpingle
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Beautiful place to stay, if you can deal with the loud music from the bar next door. Nice employees every where we went. The only problem is the charges on our credit card bill, which we called about and have not yet received a return call from accounting, as we were told we would. I really would not mind paying $5.00 for a bottle of water if I had actually consumed it!! Hopefully these problems will be resolved, as I am hoping to return for a getaway weekend.

2  Thank Barb D
Lodge of Four Seasons
#2 of 12 in Lake Ozark
9.1 km away
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Camden on the Lake Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK