“Outstanding ~Unassuming ~ Delightful”
Review of Peppe's Apt 2

Peppe's Apt 2
Ranked #6 of 70 Restaurants in Kirkwood
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2018

My husband & I were staying at the Hilton Hotel, to attend a two day family gathering. We decided to treat ourselves to Peppe's Apt 2 after my husband read reviews.
The service was the best ! The woman had personality, knew the menu, and had a sense of humor along with experience.
We had the halibut special & a vegetarian pasta. FIVE STAR *****
This is a sweet romantic restaurant with a incredible staff

My only suggestion would be serve crusty Italian bread instead of the white unhealthy blob of a loaf. Please take this as positive feedback.

1  Thank Barbara1369

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Yesterday was probably the sixth time we have been to Peppes. The first time we dined here they had two servings left if their specialty - halibut. We had it that first night and have ordered it every time since. Their preparation is light and heavenly. Spectacular. Halibut and a bottle of Rombauer Chardonnay. Now that is perfect!!!

1  Thank 284TomD
Reviewed 28 April 2018

My friends invited us out to this restaurant. I have never heard about it before dining there. It is GREAT Italian food and the service was outstanding! I cannot remember the exact menu item's name, but I had the Veal limone. It was wonderful! They also had a good "pour"! I highly suggest reservations. The restaurant seating is limited, and all tables were spoken for. Prices were "moderate-high" for Italian food.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We went with a group on a crowded and noisy Saturday night. Our service was excellent and drinks arrived quickly. They have a nice menu and I enjoyed their snails in a cream sauce. I ordered the ravioli as an entree. The ravs themselves were very good but they ruined them with a heavy, too-rich creamy cheese sauce. Perhaps they could let the diner choose between several sauces. The shrimp pasta dish looked great but my wife was disappointed in her dish as well. WORSE THING WAS IT WAS SO LOUD WE WERE SCREAMING AT EACH OTHER ALL NIGHT. I can’t handle it and won’t be back on a Sat or Fri night.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Four of us were there for this dinner.

The place is sparkling and elegant, bright white with white tile floors. And noisy. When we arrived only ten of the fifteen or sixteen tables were occupied but the decibel count was very high, even offensive.

Service was pretty good, just a little on the pushy side. Prices are high, but appropriate. It was the food that made me give it a lower rating. I had Linguine Puttanesca, a dish I have had dozens of times in Italian restaurants. It's quite spicy and usually very tasty. This time the portion was huge but somewhat dry and definitely NOT tasty. Extremely disappointing. I ate less than half.

This is an ambitious restaurant and there is nothing wrong with that. I have not decided whether I'll give it another shot, but I might. The problem with me is that there are now so many excellent and interesting new restaurants in St. Louis that my attention is constantly being redirected.

If you go there, just don't get the Puttanesca.