“still very very good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2017

had not been to peppe's in a bout a yea r. since it is very close to our home we went early in the evening on thursday. we were greeted and seated by our server,lucy, who has waited on his many times before. one of the strengths of peppe's if they appear to have very little turnover among the staff. lucy is very good at here job without being obnoxious. we started with some wines by the glass. my wife's chardonnay was very good mine was just ok.. i followed that with an italian red which i had never heard of and it was very g ood. we shared a salad which was good an d just the right amount. we both got specials, halibut for my wife, and rigatoni with tenderloin tidbits in a light creme sauce. they were both outstanding. we shared a dessert which was quite good. would happily go again. this is not a cheap place to eat but the prices are reasonable for the quality and quantity of the food, thegreat service and the convivial surroundings. peppe himself is always there and makes it to each table sometime during the evening

1  Thank ldgaff

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Very noisy restaurant. Difficult to hear across a small table.
Special Dover Sole was over cooked and very average.
Pasta dish was just okay.
Reasonable wine list and prices.
Desserts were average.
Find a quiet table and the experience will be better.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

First off, The décor is to die for both inside and out. The service far surpassed any other, we dined for a family event. All the food was amazing and the nicest and most attentive staff. I would recommend this restaurant for family dinners, a romantic night, or private party in heart beat.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Had a delightful experience. Amazing food, the best cannoli and the first brandy alexander I've ever had. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed 26 March 2017

It was my turn to choose a restaurant for the monthly meal with my sisters and their husbands. My husband and I are pretty familiar with some very good St. Louis restaurants but I chose Peppe's and we met them there for dinner tonight. As I expected, they all loved the food and the ambience. This place deserves all the praise it gets. We have been coming here since they opened and have never had a bad meal. It's one of my favorite places to eat for a special occasion because it is small, quaint and beautifully decorated. The only downside is that because of the small size, it can get noisy when full, which it always is on a Sat. night. Consequently, we make our reservation early when there are fewer diners and the kitchen is less busy...works like a charm. Lastly, the meal can be a bit pricey but definitely on par with any fine dining in town. We never mind paying for excellent food and service and we always get both here!