“Disappointed”

Holiday Inn Express Kirksville
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Kirksville
Reviewed 19 August 2016

The housekeeping staff and the breakfast people were great and should get 5 stars just for them. The rest giving 2 stars is a stretch. After asking for a late check out and getting 6 different times and yes I could and no I could not. WOW what a mess. The I had a toilet running. maintenance came. He said You got a toilet running. DUH then he says the value was turned against the wall. All you do is turn the value.HUH?? Me turn the value.?!? I am sorry that is what you are here for. The one front desk clerk that checked us in was awesome and helpful. The rest were snobby and their attitude was I was taking their time up and they wished I would just leave,

Room Tip: Hope they have improved for you as they are about the only good hotel in town
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kirksville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Dear Robin R,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. I regret that your stay was not 100% satisfactory due to the condition of the bathroom facilities and the level of service you received. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I have forwarded your feedback to our hotel management to work on these points raised in your review to give you the best hotel experience in the future.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope you visit us again.

Best Regards,

John O
IHGService

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Stayed 8/11 as a 5K point reward night. Hotel is on the outskirts of town, not far from the college. Check in was very friendly and professional.

Our room had a musty smell upon entry. Room was average size. Beds had older firm mattresses, but we slept well. Our MAJOR complaint is that there was no fridge in the room. One of the few Holiday Inn Express locations we've been to that did not have one... And we've stayed at hundreds. How to keep the beer cold??

The breakfast room just off the lobby wraps around the pool. A quick look and we decided to go to McDonalds.

Stayed: August 2016
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kirksville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Dear Jerry C,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate our check in service. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property due to the unavailability of a fridge in your room and our breakfast area. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

There aren't many choices for accommodations in Kirksville, but i definitely don't recommend this one. I booked through trip advisor which is actually booking.com. I booked a room with two beds according to booking. When i arrived they advised me that I had a room with one bed and a pull out couch. That's not what I booked.

I was told by the desk staff that I should have received a courtesy call a few days before to confirm my reservation. She confirmed that the call never happened. I was told that they didn't have any other rooms and that my room was not ready yet. We were early so I was fine with the room not being ready, but a fold out couch was not what I paid for. The room was $150.

While waiting in the lobby my family and I wandered around a bit. The pool looked terrible and need cleaning as well as repairs. The furniture in the lobby was so dirty that I didn't want to touch it. I used the restroom and it was so hot that I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Overall the place was in disrepair from ceiling damage to the paint on the walls.

The general manager showed up and I thought maybe he would solve the problem. I told him my issue and he said it was my fault for using booking.com. That a standard double in booking is double occupancy standard room in their system. I told him that he should stop taking reservations from booking.com if his system is not compatible. He then said that my phone number was not in the system for the courtesy call. I know that wasnt true because the lady at the desk had already confirmed that my number was in there.

In the end we called another hotel and was able to get a room with 2 beds for $80 in a clean well kept hotel just across the street.

A few notes:
-the outside of this place looks well kept, but the inside is a different story.
-The front desk lady was extremely nice and caring. She was talking to another upset customer on the phone when we arrived.
-I never made it to a room so I can't discuss the quality or cleanliness in that respect

Stayed: August 2016
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kirksville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Dear Brian M,

Thank you for staying with us and for bringing your concern to our attention. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We would like to address this with you further and have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D

Reviewed 1 August 2016

We stayed one night while traveling through Missouri. The hotel was easy to find. We were supposed to have a non smoking room, but as soon as we walked in the room we knew it wasn't a non smoking room. They immediately switched our room and the new room was good. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was good. They had a big selection of items to choose from. Would be nice if all the rooms had refrigerators.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kirksville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Dear Lynn221972,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our property. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

We made a quick trip to Kirksville to visit friends. The kids were able to play in the pool while the adults visited. The room was very comfortable with bath and body works shampoo, conditioner and bath gel. We slept very well and I was very surprised by the breakfast. The western omelette and turkey sausage were a nice variety to the usual hotel breakfasts. The breakfast offered more variety with cinnamon rolls, pancakes, walnuts in addition to granola and Greek yogurt as a choice.

Will definitely would choose Holiday Inn express again!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirksville
1.3 km away
0.3 km away
Super 8 Kirksville
Super 8 Kirksville
#5 of 8 in Kirksville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kirksville? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK