See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2016

One of the receptionist, Alicia, was extremely helpful and very well mannered in getting me situated with a room that was clean, neat, and a nice desk so I could continue to conduct business after work hours. There is wifi and a clean laundry room with vending to accommodate most of a person's traveling needs.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Alyssa B, Public Relations Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Hi Matt, thank you for your comments about your stay. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Crossland Studios.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

We stayed here for a weekend back in May. I chose this place for the price and after reading other reviews, it seemed like maybe new management had made a lot of recent improvements. I booked a non smoking room, called to confirm the room a week ahead of time (once more specifying non smoking) and again at check in. However, once we got to our room, you could taste the smoke in the air. I returned to the front desk to request a change and the manager told me that they were completely booked and there was nothing he could do about it. We made do by keeping the door propped open as much as possible, but the smell would build back up over night while we were sleeping and during the day while we were out and about.
The rooms themselves still need some work. They were relatively clean, but in poor repair. While recent updates may have been made, most of what I could see looked more like they slapped some fresh paint over old problems and called it a day.
The area is a little questionable, though convenient if going to Worlds of Fun. A room just a few doors down from us actually had a bullet hole in its window. More than a little off putting, but things stayed pretty calm during our stay.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Hi Carrie, thank you for your comments about your stay. We value your feedback and will be using it to improve upon our guests' experience. We will address the concerns you had about your non-smoking room with the hotel management team so that smoking does not effect those rooms. I also appreciate your comments about the room needing updating. I'm pleased to say that within the next few months our property will be undergoing renovations. These renovations include new bedding, furniture, and much more. We also take our guests' safety seriously and will be addressing your safety concerns with the management. Thank you for choosing Crossland Studios.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

I checked in this evening after calling and making a reservation earlier in the day. I walked in the lobby and said I had a reservation, told him my name, and the reply was I just cancelled your reservation because it didn't have a credit card number on the reservation. I told him that it should be on file since I had just stayed there a couple weeks ago. He proceeded to let me know that it was MY responsibility to make sure that I gave them a credit card number even though the lady I had talked to earlier in the day hadn't asked me for one and had told me she had me down and I was good to go. I did get the room however, and when I walked in the room it reeked of stale cigarette smoke. I walked back to the office and asked if there was any chance of getting a non smoking room. His response was the room I was in IS a non smoking room and that this motel is twenty something years old and that ALL the rooms had been smoked in. He told me "You get what you pay for".Now I have been staying in this place off and on since 1999 for business purposes and I have never been treated worse. I definitely know the difference between a nonsmoking and a smoking room. I muttered as I left the office that this would probably be the last time I would be staying here to which he answered that he would be sure to put my name in his list of people not to rent rooms to. Like I said before, I have been a customer a long time and have seen a lot of changes but this is absolutely out of line on his part and he's the manager?? Michael Tindall, You need to work on your people skills! I won't be staying at your place of business whether you put me on your list or not. If you are the best Crossland can come up with, Shame On Them.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Alyssa B, Public Relations Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Hi there, thank you for your comments about your stay. We are going to address these concerns with the managers district manager. If you have any other concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Iv'e had a long stay at this Crosslands location. The staff here is great. Rooms are cleaned daily, and the staff is always willing to help with any issues you may have. Alicia at the front desk has been nothing less than awesome anytime I have needed assistance. I wish all hotels had staff like this.. I would definitely stay here again next time I travel through Kansas.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Alyssa B, Public Relations Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Hi there, thank you for your comments about your stay. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again on your next visit. Thank you for choosing Crossland Studios.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

We had originally planned to stay at the Days Inn but got to its location and found it bulldozed. Were glad to find the Crossland and price was very reasonable but it was pretty old and certainly needs some updating. Not really dirty but did not give you a feeling of cleanliness either.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Alyssa B, Public Relations Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Hi Leroy, thank you for your notes about your stay. We're glad we were able to accommodate you and fit your budget needs. I appreciate your comments about the rooms needing updating. I'm pleased to say that within the next few months our hotel will be getting a major renovation, including upgraded carpets, furniture, kitchen appliances and much more. We hope you come back and stay with us once we finish these changes. Thank you for choosing Crossland Studios.