Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun
Ranked #65 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Juenemann
“Tired”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I chose this hotel over the internet because it was very close to the places I needed to go during my stay. I had a great gal that checked me in-very friendly and helpful. Thank you,Crystal. Clean bathroom and kitchen fixtures and appliances and floors. Furniture and bedding were very worn and fabric tearing on chair. TV cable channels were very limited but TV did work fine. Elevator was broken, trash piled under stair ways. Double bed insead of queen. No ice trays for freezer, cutting board but no knife, coffee package but no coffee maker. Outside odors (smoke, car exhaust, etc) came right through the air conditioner into the room. One night at 1:00 a.m. there is a man scraping a bbq grill that was sitting outside my window. He smiled and waved at me when I peeked out the window. Must have been night staff cleaning up? The next evening there was a guest in the next room that was so high on something and fighting with a woman that I feared for her safety. They were yelling outside my room. I called the office and Crystal came over to help the woman but by that time she had called the police. There were 5 responding officers and it took 3 of them to handcuff the man.They then sat him on the ground right outside my room window and finally took him to jail in a police wagon. This incident lasted 2 hours right in front of my room door and window. The next afternoon I was so tired that I came back to the room early to rest before an appointment later in the day. The smoke alarm went off but I could not find any reason and could not find how to turn it off. I called the office and was told the fire department was testing all alarms in the hotel and they would sound the alarm for the next 10 minutes. At least the alarms are being checked. The room served my purposes for a place to sleep and to shower between planned activities during my stay in Kansas City but I could do with a little less distraction and drama.

Room Tip: Maybe an upper level floor would have rooms with a little less activity distractions and less odor t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Staff is nice, but there's no real attempt to keep some of the rooms clean & non-smoking.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank DiAlaska
, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
I recently received a copy of your review. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Willis, Michigan
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My boyfriend was tranferred to the KC area for work, and we booked this extended stay hotel online because it was very near to where he was working. We thought it would be a good fit because of the pictures on the website, and the info we got from the website. We reserved a queen bed in a non smoking room for two weeks. Upon check in he was told that they didn't have any queen beds available, and he didn't have a choice but to take the full size bed with the promise that they would switch him to a queen room the next day. The room smelled as though someone had been smoking in it. The next day he checked back in to have his room changed and they again said none of the housekeeping people came in so there were no clean queen rooms available. After this, he spoke with some of his co workers and decided to stay the next week at a different hotel. The website listed laundry facilities on site (important for extended stay customers), which when he inquired about found that they were not in working order. The staff was rude and not helpful, even the mangager he spoke with. They gave him a corporate number he could call with complaints, but he didn't want to have his things vandalized while still staying at the hotel so he did not call. I actually made an online complaint and received a call to come in and pick up a coupon for free stays, which I will not do because even if it was free I will not stay at their hotel.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else! The Value Place just down the road is a much better place.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank AprilB6
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Check in, paid cash then realised the place was filthy, trash and cigarette buds all over the place, stairs way , walk way. Room is small with two twin beds which supposed to be queen beds according to the presumed manager point of view I talked to later that night before leaving without spending the night there. We were very uncomfortable in the room, asked for refund checked out before 10 PM and called and checked in at a super8 motel about 10 miles from there for about the same price about $ 5 extra and got a 2 times bigger room with 2 big queen size beds and a clean and safe place. Please , please take my advice don't let this happen to you. I made a big mistake and don't do the same. I personnally don't recommend this hotel or studio to anyone and especially to families.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank D T
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed 13 September 2011

First off, had to pay a $25.00 night pet fee, she said it was for cleaning, shampooing carpets and drapes. Our room rate, was like $59.00, so I didn't expect much. Seriously, drop the pet fee, not like we are walking into CLEAN, luxurious rooms here. Room was basic, full size bed, and basic amenities. Housekeepers really need to tighten up, also clean around mattress and headboards....digusting!! I did share my room with a few flies, and a couple of spiders.

• Stayed September 2011