“Very good customer service”

Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 April 2012

From the time I walked in the door I was greated with a smile from all the employees. The first person I encountered was the Manager who was working the front desk Ashish was very kind and accommodating. The breakfast had alot of choices, but could still improve some. The rooms were spacious, and very, very clean! I forgot my phone charger so they found one I could use while I could use during my stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Ashish P, Manager at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Kristi S,

Thank you so much for your response, I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience while you stayed with us!

I appreciate you extending your concerns about our breakfast quality, since your last stay we have implemented a pancake machine and it has been a great success!

If you have any other ideas to help improve our breakfast I would really appreciate your input.
I am happy to hear that were able to provide you with a phone charger, being away from home and without a cell phone can be very stressful so I'm glad we could help.

Thanks again, and contact me if you have ideas or any other comments. Please e-mail me at anytime.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

After checking out multiple hotels in the area online, I was skeptical about this because it had so few reviews. Turns out this was a good choice. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help. The bed was soft and had a choice of two pillows for your comfort. The breakfast was also very good. I know the next time that I have to go to Missouri that I will stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Pleasant, unexciting, solid hotel experience. Clean large room with a refrigerator and excellent functionality. Standard hotel breakfast, with staff willing to find what you want. Airport location with all it's pluses and minuses. Reasonably priced for what you get. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank DCDoctor
Reviewed 23 February 2012

As I flew in to KCI I was still unsure as to where I was going to spend the night. Luckily the phone board had a beautiful advertisement for the Best Western Plus. After a quick phone call the shuttle came to pick me up within a few minutes, great service!
At the front desk my check-in process was amazing. Within 3 or 4 minutes I was checked in, my wake-up call was set, my shuttle schedule for the next day was arranged, and the hotel amenities were explained. NOW THAT IS EFFICIENT!
The service did not stop there, I called down for a toothbrush and tooth paste which the driver brought up within minutes.
The room was awesome, with noticeable upgrades like granite (everywhere!) new televisions with HD service, super fast Wi-Fi (which a graduate student like me really needs), and one of the most comfortable mattresses I have ever slept on!
My check-out process was super fast since I had a receipt under my door before I was ready to leave.
The management and staff sure know what they are doing at this hotel! When I return to Kansas City I will most definitely be staying here again!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Stacey B
Ashish P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Dear Stacey B,

Thank you very much for your response. I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience here.
We strive for great customer care and hold ourselves to the high expectations from our loyal guests like you.

I hope you will come to see us again soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Just returned from an annual conference. I have stayed at several neighboring properties and this by far was the best experience. Spent 4 nights and could not have been more pleased. We arrived at MCI and phoned the property for their free shuttle service to pick us up and bring us to hotel. The driver was quite busy picking up other guests, so Ashish, who is the property manager came and personally picked us up not wanting to us to wait 15 minutes for the driver. This attention to service would set the tone for the remainder of the week. Anything our group needed, Ashish and his staff went out of their way to provide.
The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. I talked with several people who were attending the same conference and everyone spoke only positives of their experience at this property. So many little extra's that i noticed such as reliable wi-fi, flat screen tv with satellite channels that actually worked, unique "clean remotes" that are disinfected daily, high thread count sheets and towels that are large and thick. i travel quite a bit and have an eye for detail and this best western passes the test not only on the obvious amenities but in the small details as well. For business or pleasure, choose this hotel, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank froiesman

Dear Reviewer,

It is great to hear that you had such a wonderful experience during your four days here.
It is very important to the team that we exceed the expectations throughout our guest's stay not just during the check-in/check-out times.

Coming to the airport to come get you myself, was nothing but a routine service that I would be happy to repeat for you and any of our other loyal guests.

As a General Manager my time is mostly spent in the back office and rarely do I get the opportunity to interact with all of our guests, I am pleased that this was not the case when you arrived.

It was a pleasure speaking with you, and a sincere pleasure to have you as one of our guests.
I hope that during your annual conference next year you come to see us again!

Ashish Patel