“A bit outdated, but super friendly employees and great value”

Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
Ranked #67 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Saint Peters
“A bit outdated, but super friendly employees and great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

For the most part, we really enjoyed our stay. Price was great, employees were very friendly and helpful with advice and directions. Breakfast buffet was excellent. TV's were outdated and towels at pool were not available when we needed them. Shower head was very good. Bathroom toilet and tub/shower could use upgrade. Beds were comfortable, however sheets and blankets were mediocre quality. Heating and AC unit worked fine. Hotel is in a great location and I would recommend staying there for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the stadiums.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank dcb95sol
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I am a truck driver and drive an 18 wheeler. When I arrived at the hotel the side gate of the parking lot was closed. I walked into the lobby and explain my situation that I could not get the truck around the building so the girl at the front desk was very friendly and unlock the side gate with out any questions being asked.
My room was clean and the bed comfortable.
Overall the staff at this hotel was friendly and accommodating I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Thank you for your kind response. We pride ourselves on being able to provide our guest with exceptional service and cleanliness. We hope to see you back soon again.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Without a doubt the WORST hotel you could stay at. After I was sent to a filthy room with beds not made and used prophylactic on the floor, I was then sent to a room with 2 tiny beds when I reserved a King. When I went to the desk to ask for a new room the snotty attendant told me I could have 1 free breakfast (I was there with my fiancé) but that I couldn't get into a new room even though I had the my reservation in hand and it was clearly the wrong room. DO NOT STAY HERE. There us a lovely Holiday Inn and Drury right next door. Pool was disgusting, rooms smell like smoke, carpet was stained and service was obnoxiously poor. Sleep in your car before staying at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Klew0808
spastor71, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences here at the hotel. Our goal is to provide each and every guest a clean and comfortable room. It appears that we did not meet your expectation and for that I am truly sorry.

I have spoken with department heads, managers and staff to address the challenges mentioned above to keep similar challenges from occurring again.

Your business is important to us and hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to show you that this was in fact a unique experience at our hotel. If I can be of assistance to you in any future reservations please feel free to contact me personally.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

I guess the bed was very nasty or they had some kind of bug in their mattress i couldnt sleep the whole time even my friend couldnt sleep at all. When you first see the lobby you wouldnt think what the room looks like but the carpet was very dirty and even though the bed looked fine but once i sat on it i had rashes all over my body... I am not trying to be mean but this is what i felt... I would never go to that complex again

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Beckhamrosie
independence ks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I have to say that staying at this Hotel is just an outright wonderful experience, my friends and family meet there for several of the (Chiefs) Games and other events each year and we enjoy every moment of our stay, its a great experience from the time we check-in to the time we see the General Manager and staff's smiling face in the morning for breakfast its always a very pleasureable event. In staying there we have become very confrontable getting to know everyone who is involved in making it such a great place, they are so friendly. A great place in the Hotel to meet friends and eat some good food is the Bar that is located by the lobby check-in, there is one very special Lady who will take your order and see that you are taken care of in a very timely manner... both her and the rest of the staff in this fine establishment go out of thier way to see that your dining and Hotel experience is a good one. So with that being said, if your looking for a clean and confrontable place to lay your head at the end of the day this would be it. A Thank you to all involved in making this a Best ever Hotel Experience as always.. (Go Chiefs)

Room Tip: West Side balcony room has a great view of the Arrowhead Stadium
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us each and every Chief's game!!! I appreciate the compliments to the staff and the hotel. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the entire team at the hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
5.0 km away
BEST WESTERN Truman Inn
BEST WESTERN Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK