All reviews grab and go room was clean oatmeal short stay late check close to the airport other hotels front desk staff esa kitchenette toiletries
Reviewed 9 June 2016

I was looking for a place to stay overnight in Kansas City not far from the Airport area as I had an 8 am meeting. I negotiated the price through priceline and for the really low price this hotel turned out to be good.

I arrived late night and the room was cozy. It has a kitchen sink, with microwave and refrigerator and a queen bed with a reclining chair good for a person to sleep. The hotel offers morning breakfast which is very basic (it is not hot breakfast! .. so things like muffins, coffee, apple, oranges and bananas).Unfortunately, this hotel only has rooms with queen bed. It does not have king bed at all. So if you are considering visiting with kids, this may not be the place. These rooms are good for one person only or a couple who do not mind proximity (lol). I was also impressed with their clean bathroom.

Since the hotel is located roughly a mile from the interstate 29, it makes a great choice. There are two gas stations within 8 blocks of the hotel, which means you get things even at odd hours.

This hotel is good for someone who is flying in and out of Kansas City Airport and needs to use the hotel while in transit.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Plaza Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our comfortable rooms and convenient location. Our breakfast is, indeed, fashioned as a “grab-and-go” convenience styled breakfast amenity and is set up for quick and easy service. Each of our rooms also features a fully equipped kitchen with dishes and utensils available upon request from the front desk. As you experienced during your stay, we all do genuinely care about guests! Offering a clean, affordable place to stay while visiting beautiful Kansas City is what we do best. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 31 May 2016

I made a personal visit to KC and had some points on Travelocity so used them. When I showed up at 1:30 pm the asst manager (apparently new) stated "We can't check in until 3 pm) I asked if the room was available and the General Manager heard and told him to let me check in. The flush unit in the toilet broke and when I reported it they stated they had no engineer on duty and offered to move me. As I had a lot of baggage I didn't really want to move so ended up fixing it myself.

Room Tip: accessibility rooms are ok but lack walk in showers.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank deanhughson
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Plaza Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about the service and maintenance issues you experienced. In response to your feedback, I will use your comments to coach our front desk staff and make sure we are implementing preventative maintenance procedures. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

I had to chuckle when I walked into my room because there was the exact same framed color photograph I had in my ESA quarters a month before in Palm Springs. As that photo had nothing whatsoever to do with Palm Springs, the desert, etc., this one had nothing to do with Kansas City, it's history, or the Midwest. Talk about standardization or no surprises! But the Hotwire price was right and having a starter set of toiletries for my one-night stay were both plusses. This room had a queen-sized bed, the standard kitchen set-up (again, utensils must be fetched from the front desk), a comfortable easy chair and an easy WiFi hook-up. Ditto, a convenient plug for my C-Pap machine. Only one exit away from the KC airport exit off I-29, the location is very good. Things like gas stations/convenience stores are nearby, though you have to search further afield for a really decent restaurant other than fast food. Towels and hot water were abundant and check-in and out were breezes. Easy parking (if you arrive early enough in the day) is an added bonus. Housekeeping was top-notch and the room, which might become a bit confining and sterile after more than a few days, offered the usual conveniences. Plenty of bang-for-the-buck here. Make sure to bring your own computer and don't expect to do much in the way of on-site printing if you're a road warrior.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Plaza Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2016

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us. It’s wonderful to read that we were able to accommodate your needs with a pleasant stay. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be a great value and enjoyed our convenient location. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 20 May 2016

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and everything looked and smelled new. Large closet which we didn't need to use. TV had some cable. It had Cartoon Network but no Nick. The table area was nice for breakfast in the morning. They had coffee, and hot water for cocoa and oatmeal, fruit, granola bars, muffins (the banana nut muffins were YUMMY) The kitchenette was nice, though we didn't need it. The bathroom was a bit on the small side but had everything you would need. The walls are a little thin, we could hear our neighbors. The bed was harder than I would prefer, but having only had 3 hours of sleep in 2 days... I passed out anyway.All in all it was a pleasant, comfortable room and an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Plaza Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It’s great to read that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast and found our hotel to be a good value! I truly appreciate your kind comments about our friendly customer service. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 12 May 2016

Very convenient - shuttle bus to and from the airport. Clean and comfortable with very helpful staff. Fresh fruit for breakfast was a bonus!! Good value for basic accommodation. Can recommend this motel.

Room Tip: 2nd floor would be more private
Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Airport - Plaza Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I’m thrilled that you found our hotel to be a great value and enjoyed all of the convenient amenities our hotel has to offer! I truly appreciate your comments about our friendly customer service. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.