All reviewscountry club plazafront deskunderground parkinggreat bartenderfree shuttleshuttle servicehotel barwithin walking distanceoutdoor poolart museumbreakfast buffet ismile radiushotel shuttleconvention centerunion stationsimonekc
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Cleanest room and the best water pressure EVER in any hotel we have ever stayed in and we were on the 4th floor. That impressed me ALOT! However, when I was checking in there was a woman who was hanging around the front desk singing. She seem to be a friend of one of the front desk agents b/c when I walked up he asked an older man to help me so he could continue to talk to her. She stood there and continued to sing while I was checking in and it was VERY ANNOYING!!! Was the hotel holding American Idol trying-outs and I didn't know it?? There wasn't a microwave in the room which I though was odd and the hvac would never move below 76 no matter how low we moved the wall thermostat. I also was not recognized as a gold member of IHG and the 300 welcome amenity points that I received were never mentioned. I know to most people that isn't a big deal however when you travel as much as I do I know that's something he's suppose to do when doing his job correctly.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jim J, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Bambi J,
We are very sorry for your experience at check-in. We understand how that would be a frustrating situation and we will make sure it is not repeated. As it turns our, your rewards club number is not on this reservation and that is why you were not recognized as a very valuable Gold club member. Please contact us so that we can update that and get your points awarded for this stay!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We travel to KC frequently and stay in different hotels. We enjoyed the rooms and the quiet atmosphere in the hotel. However the one thing which made our stay so enjoyable was Wendy the shuttle service driver. She knew exactly where we wanted to go and got us there is a flash. Thanks Wendy! See you next time.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks Druidbros!
Wendy is very excited to hear about your compliments of her performance. Along with the rest of our staff we make it a daily goal to make the best possible impression on our guests. We look forward to having you come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This is a great place to stay when I am on business in the area. The service has been outstanding overall. After work dinner and refreshments in the bar area were good and the service was stellar. Simone, our server, did her best to help us end the day. Friendly and prompt she was just a great server. I travel a lot for business and it is awesome to see someone want to do a great job.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Jim J, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

65BillyT,
It is awesome to receive such great praise from our guests for our staff! Thank you. Simone is one of many special staff members that really care about doing a great job and providing the same great service they expect. We are very fortunate to have such a great team.

Jim J

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I have been a frequent traveler for 30+ years. This Holiday Inn I have stayed at twice. Both times, I had minor problems with my room, yet the front desk never blinked an eye and immediately put me in the right room. I travel and I understand issues that pop up. The key is the staff at HI Country Club Plaza knows how to please the customer. Well done!!! In addition, after working out and going to the bar for dinner, I was presented with many nutrional options and a wonderful employee working in the bar. Simone was wonderful and very attentive to my and every patrons need. Way to go Simone!

Room Tip: It's downtown. It's not about the view, it's about the convenience to getting out and doing things yourself. Great location!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Jim J, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear drewbme,
We are very happy that you have chosen to come back stay with us. It's always wonderful to know that we have been successful in meeting and exceeding our guests expectations. We are disappointed that you have had even minor problems with your room type. We would live to hear how you are booking so we can figure out why this is happening.

Jim J

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Simmone was the bartender for me during 2 nights of my stay. She was absolutely awesome! She offered great customer service, she was super friendly and made me feel right at home. I will definitely be returning to visit Simmone in the future. Kudos for having such a great person like that helping to make the stay away from home a little better.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Jim J, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

We know that traveling can be a real hassle at times so it is especially great to have staff members like Simone! She makes new friends everyday and will remember you when you come back to see us again! Thanks for sharing your experience.