“Wonderful stay”

Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The people are very friendly and helpful, the room and hotel overall were great, nice and modern with most amenities. I also had a wonderful view of downtown from my window. Even the garage attendant was great in giving us directions and helping us find our destinations from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms close to elevators, as the layout on some floors is a bit funky
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Jim S, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. We strive to create as comfortable a visit as possible. It is great you were able to unwind in the comforts of your guest room while soaking in the beautiful views of the city. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great room very clean hotel and a WONDERFUL staff. The BEST Starbucks coffee ever. The worker at the coffee shop takes pride in making the best-iced caramel macchiato. I from Texas, it very hard to find a Starbucks coffee place where the workers love their job. Good food, great meeting, great entertainment, affordable restaurants and lobby area. I went to Kansas City for work, first time there, no real expectations and was very surprised. Great hotel great city clean and friendly.

Room Tip: great rooms and wonderful area for sightseeing
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear what a great stay you had with us and that our staff went above and beyond to create a signature experience for you! It means a lot our team was able to create such a great stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is very nice and has a good, though a bit dated, decor in the lobby. The rooms were generously sized and the walk on "The Link" to the mall and such were nice.

However, we called that morning to ensure we had a crib in the room. Crib wasn't there so we walked to the service desk to ask again. An hour and a half later someone brought one.

That night our young son was sick in bed so we had to strip the bed. We walked to the service desk to explain what happened and ask for more sheets/blankets. We stayed up for an hour waiting and finally fell asleep with only a sheet (we gave everything else to our son). The next morning we were sure they would have left them outside the door, but no.

The hotel was nice, but if you're on a strict schedule, or want things to cover your body (ha!) you might not go here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I sincerely apologize if the level of service you received from our team fell short of your expectations of Sheraton. I have reached out to the appropriate teams at this time to further investigate where we failed to provide quick and efficient service to make your stay as convenient as possible. We will be working proactively to ensure this level of service does not continue. We hope to have you back in the future to create a more positive experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel was able to give me an early check in, with a wonderful room, major PLUS! The rooms were clean, and well kept. No mini bar, but a fridge, and good coffee, to me much better than a mini bar. There is a bar and a little store should you need drink or snack items. Check in was wonderful and the agent that checked me in asked for my phone number and texted me throughout my visit. On Saturday she asked how I was doing and I asked if she could have my room cleaned early and it was done. Wonderful way of taking care of your guest. Huge Lobby area with couches, chairs tables which allows for gathering and visiting with friends/family. Also computers with printers for use (free). This hotel made our family visiting so very pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura A
Jim S, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to indulge in all the amenities available to you as our guest. We strive to create as relaxing and accommodating a visit as possible. It means a lot our team was able to meet these expectations. We look forward to having you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We rented a hospitality suite for my son's 18th surprise party. I reserved the room in person because the website did not have any pictures of the room only a written description and I thought they may have some photos or be able to show me the room; there were none available for viewing and there was only a room layout diagram no pictures; this should have been an indicator of the room condition and quality.

My daughter and I arrived at check in and we weren't greeted with a hello, smile, or any other type of gesture that would indicate we were welcomed paying guests. We were given our room keys and went to the suite to begin setup for the party and we were immediately met with extremely dirty carpet that had not been vacuumed and was extremely stained so needless to say we went back to the desk to speak with host who directed us to the manager who showed us different rooms that weren't comparable and were equally as dated and dirty so we stayed in the room and asked if someone could come and at least vacuum since we had no options. The lady came up and vacuumed the crumbs and debris from the floor and asked if there was anything else she could help with and we pointed out various stains on the couch and ceiling and she said she would try to clean them. We went back to the manager and asked for sheets to cover the couch that contained obvious adult stains she said she would send the housekeeping manager up to deliver the sheets and check the quality of the room cleanliness while we were gone to pick up more items for the party.

We arrived about an hour and half later and all of the decorations we spent nearly 3 hours setting up were gone. Most were returned but not all and some were broken or damaged. A memory banner of my son's life was never found or returned. The housekeeping manager said he would send extra food and someone to clean after the party and they never did either. The hotel room manager discounted the room but after all that we went through emotionally and financially they should have done a lot more. I give credit that that they did help us set back up but it was just all too little too late. The party happened and my son was happy but things just didn't seem the same after we had to rush to put things back together and work with broken and disheveled decorations.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Luciana S

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your stay at Sheraton Crown Center. I am very sorry to hear of the disappointing experience you had with us. It means a lot you chose to celebrate such a special day with us and am very sorry our team failed to create a top notch experience. I have reached out to the appropriate teams at this time to further investigate this matter. We will be working proactively to make the necessary improvements to ensure this type of experience does not happen again. Your business is very important to us and we hope to have you back to create a more signature stay for you and your son in the future.