“Convenient park and fly hotel”

Super 8 Kansas City Airport
Ranked #70 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Manhattan, KS
“Convenient park and fly hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2009

We stayed here upon returning from a flight from Europe. Since we knew our flight would get in late, we decided to just spend the night rather than try to drive home. This hotel has a park and fly rate so we parked our car, paid the extremely reasonable fee, and rode the hotel shuttle to the airport. Upon our return to the airport, 10 days later, we used the hotel phone located in the baggage area to call the shuttle. It came very promptly, picked us up, and whisked us away to the close-by hotel. Check-in was speedy and pleasant - a real boon to us as we were exhausted and severely jet-legged. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a king-size non-smoking room. The room was older but clean and upgrades had been made. The continental breakfast the next morning was delightful. In addition to the usual light fare, there were also biscuits and gravy and even hard-boiled eggs. The staff members we dealt with were very courteous and pleasant. We plan on staying here anytime we need to a place to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank konza
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Holden, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2009

I recently spent two weeknights at this property while attending a conference at a nearby luxury hotel. The rates I paid were less than 1/2 of the bargain conference price offered by the luxury hotel.

I stayed in room 106 after the the front desk clerk rearranged some other reservations to allow me to stay on the ground level. The property is probably 30+ years old, the old style "L" shaped motor inn type design with outside entrances.

My room was very clean with newer carpet. a very comfortable king bed, and clean bathroom. The linens were what one would expect from mid-range hotel. Furniture was somewhat spare and small - small desk, small chest with TV on top, a leather trimmed desk chair, and a small uncomfortable upholstered chair. The bed was topped with a pair of sheets (satin striped) with a blanket in between as a duvet style covering. There was also a velux style blanked folded on the foot of the bed. I was stopped with three small disappointing pillows.

The in-wall air conditioner / heater was effective on the both settings (March in the midwest - a warm day and a cold, cold day). I used the WiFi and was pleased with the ease to connect and the speed of service. I did not use the breakfast.

Overall, I was extremely satisfied with my stay and thought it was a very good value for the price I paid - a little over $50 a night.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank westmotraveler
kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2009

My husband and I stayed here before and early flight for the great rates. The room was disgusting and the a/c didn't work. The hotel was "booked solid" so we couldn't change rooms. They sent someone up to fix the a/c---he could barely speak English, but communicated to us that all we needed to do was bang on the a/c to get it to work!! The beds were horrible foam pads, but I can even get past that for one night. The worst part of the whole stay was when I went to take a shower the next morning and it looked like someone had taken a shower after a MUDBATH. I'm not even sure how so much mud got on the walls of the shower, but if the cleaning staff can overlook that, what else has not been cleaned?!?!?

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lanielyd
Fayetteville, AR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

My dad and i stayed here for one night and it was a pretty nice hotel. We booked the cheapest room, one king sized, for under $70 after taxes.
The walls were thin and i could hear people in other rooms and could hear the water anytime someone in a room nearby turned it on or took a shower. Also, they werent serving the continental breakfast when we stayed there and i dont know if thats a permanant thing.
Overall, for the price and the proximity to KCI, its a good choice for the night before a flight.

Stayed July 2008
boffle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2008

When i pulled in, the parking was a little cramped, but available parking.. when i walked through the fron door, i was greeted by Linda and Joshua, they were very nice, and extreemly helpful.
The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The only complaint that i have is with danny, he didn't seem very interested in assisting me with anything i asked for, but overall i had a great stay.
They offered a 15 dollar round trip ride to zona rosa, so that was great.

I would definatly stay again, i was for the most part pleased with this hotel.. I would definatly stay again just to see Linda and Joshua again.

• Liked — the very friendly staff
  • Disliked — danny, the night shift was lazy.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)