New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #83 of 113 Hotels in Kansas City
Beloit, Kansas
“This motel was GREAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

The person that checked us in was very nice and so helpful in all our questions. the room was very clean and very up to date.

Room Tip: excellent. we had room 101
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sheryl P, Manager at Super 8 Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Thank you! Our staff takes a lot of pride in seeing our customers leave satisfied. We really appreciate the positive feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

(Sunday, 09/25/2011)

My partner and I got in very, very late Saturday night\Sunday morning (I had checked in to the hotel on Friday evening for a weekend stay in KC).

At 9:00 am I had called the office and asked the manager about a later checkout than 11 am. He replied that I could check out by 12 pm without a surcharge.

At 11:00 the cleaning staff knocked on our door for cleaning service, EVEN THOUGH THE "DO NOT DISTURB" SIGN WAS ON THE DOOR NOB.

At 11:22 am the office called the room asking when I was coming to the office to check out. I told the office personnel that I will be checking out late, sometime early afternoon, and that I would pay the surcharge.

At 11:45 am the office called the room and said that I needed to come to the office NOW, so that they could charge my card the surcharge. I replied that I would take care of it when I checked out in the early after noon.

At 12:20 am the office called the room and requested when I was coming to the office to check out, to which I replied, soon!

At 12:45 am the office called the room and I simply picked up the receiver and hung up.

(This behavior was completely unnecessary harassment.)

At 1:20 pm I went to the desk and said that the repeated phone calls were simply uncalled for, to which the manager berated me for not coming to the office in a timely manner, at which point a heated argument ensued.

My family and I are heavy travelers and we have stayed in many dozens of hotels and I have never experienced anything like that. That was the poorest example of customer service I have ever seen,

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sheila A, General Manager at Super 8 Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. I am very sorry that your stay was not all it could be, but wanted to let you know this Super 8 has changed hands and managers. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Sheila
Joplin Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

The new Super 8 tag line is "Destination Super". Unfortunately, not all of the properties are up to that standard, including this one. This was our first stay at a Super 8 property. We were expecting more. Why do they build multi-floor motels without an elevator? There was something about the smell in the motel that was not clean and fresh. We had picked the motel because their website says "the Hotel Shuttle (to Kansas City International airport) is a free service offered". What the website doesn't say is that they charge you for parking ($4.50/day). We have stayed in other hotel/motels in this same area that provide free shuttle (AND parking). We won't stay here again. The shuttle van was filthy. No Internet.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Cathey's Valley, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

Had a flight canceled and this hotel was on the airport board near baggage claim for giving "distressed passenger fares". Little did we know the hotel would also be distressed. Airport shuttle service went well and the bed was comfy, that is the end of the good things. Now all the bad things. Breakfast, and I use that term loosely, was straight out of when continental breakfasts first began, skip it. Doors to the room and the bathroom didn't fit right and had to be jammed to close even at all. Carpet and furnishings were also out of ther 1970s. The shelf above the closet area had a layer of filth and dirt, most likely from the 1970s since it had been cleaned. When you shut off the bathroom facuet, the entire fixture moves about 3 inches! And to top it off an employee busted through the door in the morning without even knocking or asking if anyone was in the room. TV was ancient and was lucky to have 10 channels. This place might have had better days, maybe 20-30 years ago! Run away from this place, not towards it. Please don't stay here, you'll be sorry.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

The day I check in that hotel there is a picture of the horrible room stuck in my head. Use to be a Best Western but, seems to have changed their name. The rooms had mud on the carpet and mold in the bathroom. During checking out in the morning there was a indian (india) on sofa with a blanket around him telling me to leave the key on the desk. I would of hoped to see the clerk actually taking my room key not some random indian person.

• Stayed January 2011