“Really Nice Bakery”
Review of McLain’s Bakery

McLain’s Bakery
Ranked #14 of 29 Bakeries in Kansas City
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 8
Description: A Kansas City tradition (since 1945), McLain's Bakery has been making the highest quality pastries, cookies, cakes and breads for the past 70 years. Come on in for one of your old favorites, whether it's our famous chocolate cup cookies, a fruit danish, or a coffee cake. Then, take a look around and try something new, maybe a cup of hot Thou Mayest coffee, a cold glass of milk from the local Shatto Milk Company, or a fresh loaf of artisan bread.
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

We have had their bakery items like cupcakes & cookies, but today we had lunch. Wife had the wrap and I had tge chicken salad. Both items were excellent, plus they serve homemade potato chips. Save room for dessert, I recommend the peanut butter chocolate cookie...Yum!!

1  Thank ls66611

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I am here every week and every time it is a great experience! I have brought at least seven different friends here from all over KC and they have all enjoyed this bakery as much as I do. From the friendly, welcoming staff to the wonderful food and smells and sights and sounds (including GREAT music) you just can't beat McLain's. Highly recommend!!

1  Thank Gracey1089
Reviewed 16 November 2016

We stopped for a couple rolls. Their cinnamon roll was good, the croissant was OK. Nothing special from our perspective. Selection was limited around 9A.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

Another Kansas City Institution, McLain's Bakery has been revered for decades as the go-to place for fine pastries. Originally in the Waldo area of Mid-town KC, they have moved to a larger retail space a couple miles East. Recently, they even opened a second location in Overland Park......McLain's Market ( bakery/ coffee shop/ sandwich shop ). Whenever there is an important occasion where the best is called for.....wedding cake, birthday, graduation, anniversary, you will find the pastry you are looking for. For club meetings where you want to impress the members with high-end cookies, cupcakes or rolls, you will also find them here.............nothing is cheap, but this is a case where you get what you pay for.

1  Thank Kristy F
Reviewed 29 August 2016

I have been going to most of my adult life for cookies, pastries, cakes etc and am never disappointed. The new owners are very friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that if I go at the last minute before they close they may be sold out of what I want - if so I just get something else delicious.

1  Thank OkobojiChick