“Great place to stay for the game!”

Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #75 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Modesto, California
“Great place to stay for the game!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This place was great spot for baseball. You don't have to park. They have a free shuttle to the game and the driver is entertaining. They were doing some remodeling in the pool area. The rims are clean and it's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012
Victoria D, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Daniel our shuttle driver was entertaining. He truly loves his job and will be very pleased to hear that his passengers enjoyed their ride with him. It was also good to hear that your rooms was clean as this is what we strive for. Again thank you for staying with us.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This was without a doubt my worst experience witha hotel. Took the kids to Worlds of Fun all day and was exhausted, so we went to the hotel at check- in time and was told we would have to wait for a clean room to become available. After waiting 30 min (after check-in time) I went to the front desk with an attitude and they finally gave me my room. After waiting another ten minutes we finally got on an elevator that was soon packed with people complaining they had waited more than twenty minutes to get on. When I finally got to the room it was dirty, even though I had waited thirty minutes ( again, past check-in time) because it was being cleaned. After settling in we decided to try the water park only to find out it was an extra twenty dollars a person, which was very misleading on there website and the only reason I paid so much for the hotel in the first place. I am writing this review after being in the hotel a little over an hour so who knows what other horrors await me. If you have any choice DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. Ruined my weekend and wish I had just stayed at home.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Cslyles76
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I do apologize for not having your room ready when you arrived as this is not a standard that we set here. Our employees work very diligently to ensure that your check in process goes very smooth and it does sound like this did not happen for your arrival. I do hope that the rest of your stay was a pleasant one and that you did get some rest and relaxation this weekend. Please let me know if I can assist you in any other way.

Travellers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We didn't use the waterpark so if you're looking for info on that skip to another review. Our experience began in the parking lot where it's obvious someone decided to empty their garbage out of their car against the curbside. Hard for the hotel to check the curbside 24/7 and the garbage was gone a few hours later when I checked so other than the negative first impression I'd give them a pass on the action of an inconsiderate quest.

Next it was on to the front desk where we were checked in by an exceptionally friendly and helpful front desk clerk. The common areas of the main floor appeared well kept. Once up to our room we found a room that was a little on the worn side but consistent with the rest of the facility. The linens were clean and the beds comfortable.

The area lacking in my opinion was housekeeping. It was obvious our room had either not be vacuumed prior to our arrival or it was done by a blind person. I went to peek out the blinds and ended up with sticky fingers from residue from what was likely an exploded soda that was never cleaned off the blind slats. In the washroom it was clean other than a few spots of gel toothpaste that have been on the wall likely for some time.

I gave them an average rating as I felt poor was overly negative, the issue with the vacuuming should have been caught but the blinds and spots on the bathroom wall I could see getting overlooked a time or two.

Would be an awesome location if you're going to an NFL or MLB game as you can walk across to both stadiums.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Victoria D, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I do apologize for the issues that you experienced with your room with the vacuuming as you are correct this should not have been missed. Our team works diligently to ensure that each of our rooms meet the high standards that we enforce and in this case we missed that mark. It was good to hear that the parking lot attendants were picking up the trash and that the front desk was providing exceptional service. I do hope that you get a chance to come and visit us during an NFL or MLB game as you are correct being right accross from the stadiums makes it very convenient and both of our stadium are beautiful. We hope that you come back and visit us again very soon.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed this past Easter weekend and wanted to reach out to all the folks that freaked me out before I arrived with your incorrect reviews. I was worried for a week before I stayed at the hotel with all the issues you stated happened. Let me say this. It's a water park hotel. If you can't handle kids having fun in the hallways/lobby and water park you're staying at the wrong hotel. I'm not saying issues happen as I have them when I stay at a 400.00 a night hotel. It's about whatn they can and cannot control. I feel if they coreect items they can control I'm good with that.

I agree the elevators were a wait, only because there was a full hotel and they were full a couple of times they stopped. I didn't wait more than three minutes at any request for one. We even FOLLOWED DIRECTIONS they posted if you had to wait too long and try the other set of elevators down the hall.

The rooms were great for the price we paid. I travel every week and sure I stay at locations that are larger and have more upscale decor, but its a family water park hotel!!!!! The price was right and the rooms worked. They were clean and enough room for a family of four.

We had a great time at the water park and had a great time shopping in the area. I'm looking forward to staying there again when we head back for a ball game across the the highway. It was great walking right down the stairs to the arcade and water park. The arcade was fun for the kids. Every game except one was working and seen so many families having fun there.

Thanks again for the speedy check in. Thanks again for the help with the water park wristbands we kept loosing.

Overall I see the only problem is people don't understand getting to the water park on the weekends later in the day and think they can just walk right in and sit down anywhere. It gets extremely busy after noon and would get there early for a table without taking some one elses.

Jerrod

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
It was so great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Our team members work very diligently to provide the customer service that you experienced during your stay. We have been working very hard to make improvements to our property and the elevator renovation is just one of the improvements that have been taking place over the past few months. Hopefully by the end of this month we will have three new elevators for our guests. It was also good to hear that your check in process went well as we always feel that we have so much information to share with our guests to assist them in having a great experience with us. Hearing these great comments ensures us that all of our team members hard work is being recognized. I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to have you back to visit us again soon.
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Not a bad experience. Staff were friendly. Water park was ok. Rather crouded and really need more inner tubes. The beds were comfortable, the room was large but the room was very cold. This was our girls first water park and they enjoyed themselves.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Best Western Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence
9.9 km away
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel

Been to Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK