“Pre-concert Dinner”

Cuisines: American, Deli
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

A bit disappointed. Decided to eat there before a concert out back at Crossroads. Heard a lot about Grinders and saw it on TV shows. Place was packed so we had to get food to go and eat it outside. Ordered the South Philly Cheesesteak with onions, mushrooms and provolone with a side of chips. While a very generous sized sub, I just found the Cheesesteak a bit on the dry side with chips that were nothing to write home about.

I've heard great things about Grinders so I'll give it another try, just one person's honest review after a first visit.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

This place is very unique. The pizza is yummy and the slices are huge. It's thin crust .. the service was pretty quick and it was very busy.

1  Thank Brittany S
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We chose this place because of a concert at Crossroads not realizing the venue was right out their back door! The food was very good and the olive salad was awesome! The slice of pizza is very thin but it's a big slice. The tuna melt was one of the best I've had. We were at the Grinder's west as the bar side was full. They have a parking lot right across the street. Several craft breweries within walking distance and a cool coffee shop next door made this a perfect stop!

1  Thank KnJ88
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Grinders has the best cheesesteaks in KC; one of the best, if not the best cheesesteaks outside Philly. I grew up in the Philadelphia area, so I have a very high bar for cheesesteaks. They have other things on their menu which are good as well. The space in very funky. The service is good. It was also featured on Food Channel's Drive-Ins, Diners and Dives. It was well deserved. If in KC, it is well worth a visit.

2  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I remember when we were choosing which Diners Drive-Ins & Dives restaurant we were going to try our one night in KC and I just wanted ANYTHING that wasn't barbecue, so Grinders made it to the top of the list and was relatively convenient to our hotel.

I've been to the diners, I've been to the drive-ins, this one is definitely a dive, and that's not a bad thing. The decor is graffiti and hipster-y. The menu is oddball (well, it would be, right?), and the service is not great (the staff act like serving you is an inconvenience). The food though? It's great! I don't think I'd eat in again, mostly because of the poor service and obnoxious music, but I'd order out if I were ever in KC again.

Yes, I'm the boring weirdo who decided not to order one of their funky pizzas and instead ordered a BLT. This is a decision I will never regret. I have never had such amazing, incredible, delicious bacon in my whole life. I'm not even a big fan of bacon. Seriously! I didn't even need the mayo or the tomato, I could have just had a plate of that bacon and been happy. Sounds stupid to go to a place like that and not get one of the weird things they are known for... but do it anyway. Get the freaking BLT.

1  Thank Jocelyn T