“Best Cheesesteak in Town!!!”
Review of Grinders

Grinders
Ranked #52 of 1,505 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Deli
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Grinders has the best cheesesteaks in KC; one of the best, if not the best cheesesteaks outside Philly. I grew up in the Philadelphia area, so I have a very high bar for cheesesteaks. They have other things on their menu which are good as well. The space in very funky. The service is good. It was also featured on Food Channel's Drive-Ins, Diners and Dives. It was well deserved. If in KC, it is well worth a visit.

2  Thank Chris H

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I remember when we were choosing which Diners Drive-Ins & Dives restaurant we were going to try our one night in KC and I just wanted ANYTHING that wasn't barbecue, so Grinders made it to the top of the list and was relatively convenient to our hotel.

I've been to the diners, I've been to the drive-ins, this one is definitely a dive, and that's not a bad thing. The decor is graffiti and hipster-y. The menu is oddball (well, it would be, right?), and the service is not great (the staff act like serving you is an inconvenience). The food though? It's great! I don't think I'd eat in again, mostly because of the poor service and obnoxious music, but I'd order out if I were ever in KC again.

Yes, I'm the boring weirdo who decided not to order one of their funky pizzas and instead ordered a BLT. This is a decision I will never regret. I have never had such amazing, incredible, delicious bacon in my whole life. I'm not even a big fan of bacon. Seriously! I didn't even need the mayo or the tomato, I could have just had a plate of that bacon and been happy. Sounds stupid to go to a place like that and not get one of the weird things they are known for... but do it anyway. Get the freaking BLT.

1  Thank Jocelyn T
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We searched around for someplace different for pizza. We found Grinders, actually Grinders West (next door). We had a craft beer and order a large Philly Cheesesteak pizza. The toppings were pretty sparse but the flavor was ok. We would not eat here again.

1  Thank KeystoneLakeview
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Sunday night after a Royals game.....not so busy!! Dude.....the Philly wit......it just doesn't get any better!!! The 6" would have been plenty but I ate every last bit of the 12". Service was great!

2  Thank Bthummel
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Grinders is famous for their pizza and Death Nectar hot sauce. The place is not your typical pizza parlor. It is gritty, hot, loud, and probably overwhelming to some, but they serve some great pizza, sandwiches, and craft beer. During concerts at Crossroads they serve a limited menu so that they can feed the masses which is fine with me. We recently went to Grinders after a show at Crossroads. It was a hot night and the place was packed. The staff had been working for hours and were still busting their butts to make sure everyone was taken care of. Our server at the counter was great, and everyone that passed by also asked if there was anything we needed. It was great to see the staff working so hard after a long night. The pizza was great and we were once again pleased with Grinders.

1  Thank Bob S