“Gotta have the Rangoon!”
Review of Rice House

Rice House
Ranked #343 of 1,469 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 March 2017

We visit family often in Kansas City. We now make sure one of our meals is here (or do take out). They have the best Rangoon I've ever had. I also had the lo Mein and it's good too! My husband likes the sesame chicken.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Consistently good takeout food. Dinner specials which include an egg roll and crab rangoon are a good value.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

We have been dining here for more than a year. The lunch specials are a great bargain, especially with the quality of the food. The vegetables are very fresh and attractively prepared, and meat and seafood ingredients are plentiful. It appears to be a family-run restaurant. A hidden gem!

Reviewed 6 March 2017

This was our first visit to Rice House. We do like our Chinese food but had never gotten around to trying this place because we didn't realize it was a full service type restaurant. This place is GREAT. Good service and very good food. I didn't it the top rating only because of the ambiance. I had a garlic shrimp dish that included mushrooms, zucchini, and a dark curry sauce. My wife had a "normal" chicken with peanuts. The egg drop and hot and sour soups were very good, not watery like a couple of other places we've been to last month. This is our new go to place!

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate at the Rice House this evening. I must say this is one of the most authentic and quality oriental restraunts in the area. The place is small and quaint, the service is outstanding, the food is fantastic and plentiful and the price is very reasonable. This restraunt should be on your short list when your looking for a great authentic oriental lunch or dinner.

1  Thank Dave B