“Very nice place”

Holiday Inn Aladdin
Ranked #44 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I am a KC local and stayed here in January for my husband's birthday to enjoy the P&L district. The hotel was very nice and clean. It is in a historical building so I believe the structure is original. But the rooms are remodeled with a modern design, everything appears brand new. Our stay was great. I can't really comment on the value since I received a corporate rate through my company, which included valet parking. I am not sure how the parking works if you don't do valet. We plan to book the hotel again in March for a concert at the Sprint Center.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaceyJ59
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

This hotel was in a great location to the Power and Light District. My wife and I stayed here for the closeness to the Sprint Center. The rooms were clean and well kept although this is an older hotel so the rooms were a little small. There is a restaurant associated with the hotel but they do not offer a free continental breakfast. I consider this hotel a good value hotel. If you are looking a good hotel in a nice location and don't need all of the "extras" then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
mgangle, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to help us gain a better understanding of our guests' experience. Being so centrally located to the Power & Light District, as well as the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, Municipal Auditorium, and the Sprint Center, affords us the opportunity to be a part of Kansas City's exciting and growing downtown district. Please keep us in mind the next time you have an event in Kansas City.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I would say elegant style ! Boutique interior,magic maker receptionist ! but here it comes an issue,I stayed here in December 2011 for my buisness meeting ...It was cold and sook semeed like thermostat took forever to change ...upon repeated requests the technician showed up and eneded up explaining how to use thermostat !!!! seriously they need to change the scale of understanding that we are asking to fix NOT how to use !!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. We are always happy to get the chance to hear about the experience our valued guests have had while staying with us. We are so proud of our 1920's boutique hotel, that happens to be a Nationally Registered Historic building, but we do know that a part of being an older property is that there are some things that just work a bit slower. The next time you are in town, please contact us before check-in and we would be happy to preset your room to a temperature that works for you. Our team is always happy to go above and beyond to make each guests experience a wonderful one.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Everything about my stay at Holiday Inn Aladdin was exceptional! From them moment I pulled up, I knew this was going to be a wonderful experience. Valet service was the same price as self parking which made parking extremely convenient. For the moment I entered the lobby, they offered me a complimentary glass of champagne to sip on while they reviewed all of the services the hotel had to offer. The hotel lobby is updated but it still has it authentic charm. Check in was quick and simple. Another key aspect of this charming hotel are the rooms. Furniture is modern and comfortable. Everthing in room has been updated. The toiletries are from bath and body works! Check out was also flawless with exceptional service. Hotel is in walking distance to Sprint Center and Power and Light. I am amazed that priceline has this hotel listed as a 3 star. This hotel is 4 star quality at a 3 star price. I have stayed at many of the downtown KCMO hotels and Holiday Inn Aladdin is by far the best!

Room Tip: The beds are vey comfortable, but if you are allergic to feathers, call in advance to have them remo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
mgangle, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

What a wonderful compliment! Thank you for your kind words and for the opportunity to serve you while in Kansas City. We work hard to make each guests stay as wonderful as yours and we are very pleased all of our hard work accomplished that goal. Please remember us on your next trip to Kansas City.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2012

This hotel seems to have been renovated recently but the building still shows its age, the carpet and beds especially just seem a little ratty. I didn't make a huge deal about these things to management since I was getting an event discount. But with no breakfast or parking included and wifi that doesn't work this hotel is certainly not worth it normal rate and barely worth what i paid.

But that's not all. When I checked in I inspected the room and found that the linens had hair in a number of spots on both sheets and pillows and were rumpled... clearly not changed... mind you i didn't arrive until nearly midnight, so they had plenty of time to prep. I called to ask for new linens and a guy showed up and practically threw them at me. The new linens were dirtier than the old ones. I eventually flipped them and covered with some towels which at least seemed to have been washed. Now the service staff were fairly friendly, but they didn't provide actual service and either the maids or the laundry service should be fired... it was disgusting! These are problems I expect at a Motel in the middle of nowhere with no reservation, not at a Holiday Inn. It's a serious mark on the name.

Room Tip: check the linens!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank EVMusicMan

Thank you for your review. I know you have so many choices of hotels and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Aladdin Hotel and Spa. I take the guests experience very seriously and sincerely apologize that your stay in our hotel was not what you, nor I, expected. I have passed this review along to the Executive Housekeeper who will be investigating this matter thoroughly. I would appreciate any time you had to discuss this matter with me personally. Please feel free to contact me at (816) 421-8888. I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Kindest Regards,