Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown Aladdin
US$ 111
US$ 94
ComfortInn
US$ 138
Hilton Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$ 152
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$ 143
US$ 255
US$ 234
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$ 123
US$ 96
Candlewood Suites Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$ 119
US$ 109
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
US$ 83
US$ 68
All reviewsconvention centerpower and light districtbrick wallzebra roomboutique hotelparking garage across the streetvalet parkingrooms are smallthe holiday innwithin walking distancecorner roomvalet servicefront desk staffwater pressurebed was very comfortableunion stationconcert
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Everything about my stay at Holiday Inn Aladdin was exceptional! From them moment I pulled up, I knew this was going to be a wonderful experience. Valet service was the same price as self parking which made parking extremely convenient. For the moment I entered the lobby, they offered me a complimentary glass of champagne to sip on while they reviewed all of the services the hotel had to offer. The hotel lobby is updated but it still has it authentic charm. Check in was quick and simple. Another key aspect of this charming hotel are the rooms. Furniture is modern and comfortable. Everthing in room has been updated. The toiletries are from bath and body works! Check out was also flawless with exceptional service. Hotel is in walking distance to Sprint Center and Power and Light. I am amazed that priceline has this hotel listed as a 3 star. This hotel is 4 star quality at a 3 star price. I have stayed at many of the downtown KCMO hotels and Holiday Inn Aladdin is by far the best!

Room Tip: The beds are vey comfortable, but if you are allergic to feathers, call in advance to have them remove the feather duvet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
mgangle, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

What a wonderful compliment! Thank you for your kind words and for the opportunity to serve you while in Kansas City. We work hard to make each guests stay as wonderful as yours and we are very pleased all of our hard work accomplished that goal. Please remember us on your next trip to Kansas City.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

This hotel seems to have been renovated recently but the building still shows its age, the carpet and beds especially just seem a little ratty. I didn't make a huge deal about these things to management since I was getting an event discount. But with no breakfast or parking included and wifi that doesn't work this hotel is certainly not worth it normal rate and barely worth what i paid.

But that's not all. When I checked in I inspected the room and found that the linens had hair in a number of spots on both sheets and pillows and were rumpled... clearly not changed... mind you i didn't arrive until nearly midnight, so they had plenty of time to prep. I called to ask for new linens and a guy showed up and practically threw them at me. The new linens were dirtier than the old ones. I eventually flipped them and covered with some towels which at least seemed to have been washed. Now the service staff were fairly friendly, but they didn't provide actual service and either the maids or the laundry service should be fired... it was disgusting! These are problems I expect at a Motel in the middle of nowhere with no reservation, not at a Holiday Inn. It's a serious mark on the name.

Room Tip: check the linens!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank EVMusicMan

Thank you for your review. I know you have so many choices of hotels and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Aladdin Hotel and Spa. I take the guests experience very seriously and sincerely apologize that your stay in our hotel was not what you, nor I, expected. I have passed this review along to the Executive Housekeeper who will be investigating this matter thoroughly. I would appreciate any time you had to discuss this matter with me personally. Please feel free to contact me at (816) 421-8888. I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

This is an historic hotel that has been updated. I found the room to be very comfortable and the elevators were VERY fast! My only gripe was the room was freezing (and took FOREVER to get warm). The staff was very friendly and helpful in finding me places to eat, and they provide free champagne at check in. The restaurant was closed when I arrived so I didn't get to try it. A parking garage is located across from the hotel which is handy, and they also provide valet parking for $15.00 (very handy). Every staff member I encountered from the valet to the front desk clerk was helpful and friendly. The breakfast was not free and was only average quality (powdered eggs etc). Overall, I would happily stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

As always thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, every review helps us to better understand how we can satisfy the needs and desires of our guests. It's wonderful to know that our team was able to give you the service you required to have a wonderful experience at the Aladdin. From our food and beverage to our front office team members, every member of the Aladdin Family strives to make your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Kansas City.

Reviewed 31 December 2011

GREAT location. Got this place on Hotwire, so our bang for our buck was awesome. I don't think I would pay full price, though. Our room with 2 beds was decent, a bit on the small side. It's a nice, elegant, charming old school hotel. I would recommend it. There were some bad things however: our tv remote was missing upon arrival, there was NO TOILET PAPER in the restroom (REALLY!!??), and it was dirty under the beds (feathers, soda lid, gum wrappers...) :-/ I would like to think it was just a housekeeper having a bad day. But I would definitely consider staying again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room above the 6th floor for a good view, because there are buildings next to it and if you don't get a higher room, you'll be looking at a rooftop and an brick wall.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown Aladdin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2012

Dear Fetarin,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with your room. I will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the future.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 December 2011

The Aladdin is a cute, quaint historic hotel in downtown KC. It sits in the shadows of all the large, commercial hotels downtown but its personality wins out. I stayed here on a family trip. I checked in and was offered a free glass of champagne. My room was nice, on the smaller size with a window that faced a brick building, but needless to say, I was only in my room early morning and late at night so the "view" was never an issue. I found the room suitable, nicely decorated, kinda trendy - I had just the standard room at a great rate! Bathroom was small, but well decorated and, like I said, it was just me. Staff was friendly and outgoing. The lobby could use a few "upgrades" but, again, I didn't spend any time there. I didn't get to utilize the bar or restaurant so I couldn't fairly comment there. Parking? Yes, there is a 15 buck a day valet charge, but there is a parking garage right across the street I am positive one could utilize ( I was just lazy). The ONLY complaint I have is that when, I initially, pulled up to valet, no valet come out to the car to greet me, so I was a little unsure as to what was going on. It was only until I had my luggage out and was on my way into the door, that I was greeted by the valet. He was very friendly and welcoming. So, maybe, he was unsure if I was just picking someone up or? Other than that I found the hotel very clean, and I would assure others to give it a try. If you like hotels with a little character. In regards to noise, there really wasn't allot of noise. Sure, you can hear the shower in the other room, shared wall, but I can in most all hotels anyhow... GOOD STAY. Cute hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. As always it's wonderful to hear about the good experiences of our valued guests. I realize that as a downtown hotel the view on certain floors leaves something to be desired. However, we do try to make sure that while our guests are with us the lack of a view outside your window is compensated by the incredible decor and great team we have inside. I have forwarded your concerns about valet on to the appropriate people and can assure you that upon your arrival on your next visit we will be waiting to greet you with a warm smile and a hearty hello.