“So Good!”
Review of Mr Le's Sushi

Mr Le's Sushi
Ranked #251 of 1,558 Restaurants in Kansas City
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Don't be put off by the exterior. It looks shady at first glance, but don't judge a book by its cover. It has a very casual atmosphere, definitely not a fine dining experience, but that didn't make my experience any less incredible. I think it was a family run place, and one of the walls had pictures of one of the owner's kids hanging up. Some people might see that as unprofessional, but I think it made the place warm and friendly. The little boy even made an adorable appearance that night. The staff were very attentive and friendly; when I wanted something, I never had to wait long. They also had an interesting system of ordering. You were given a dry erase marker and had to circle your items on the menu. This made it virtually impossible for your order to get messed up, and I didn't have to embarrass myself trying to pronounce some of the items. Now, the food: absolutely amazing! The crab wontons were, hands down, the best I'd ever had. We also had the Kristy Roll, the Yummy Roll, the Alamo Roll, and the Philadelphia Roll. Of them, the Kristy Roll was my favorite. The saki and hot tea we had were also delicious. I definitely recommend the tea, even if you aren't usually a fan. All in all, delicious! My only complaint? I don't live closer!

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Family and I go there at least twice a month. Food is always wonderful and the staff is always friendly. Prices are decent. Make sure and get there early it gets packed around 7 and it's not a big place.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Don't tell the locals but this place is great. The small shop nestled in a strip mall offers great sushi in a quaint environment. The daily specials usaully encompass something that everyone will enjoy. For best value visit at lunch.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I applaud the men and women that are responsible for bringing the food to the table at Mr Le's. Its a small venue, but don't let that stop you from bringing a large appetite.... Hard to find sushi this good in the KC area.

1  Thank CornDogKyle
Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

I've probably been coming to Mr. Le's since it opened several years ago whenever I'm in town and I have to say the quality and the prices have stayed consistent all that time.

Located in a strip mall with a dollar general and low end shops you wouldn't expect to find good sushi here, but you do.

Back in the day Mr. Le would be doing the sushi himself, these days he has staff and depending on who's working the sushi bar you could get average to generous cuts off fish.

They offer a fairly common sushi menu with a mix of original rolls. There's also a Vietnamese menu that's pretty good too considering the owner and family are Vietnamese.

Tonight we had the sushi and sashimi combo times two and three rolls. The total bill for three and a big Sapporo came to just over $100. Well worth it with a box of leftovers for lunch.

2  Thank speedracer211