“Better than expected ”

Hong's Buffet and Mongolian GRLL
Ranked #646 of 1,558 Restaurants in Kansas City
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I live in Atlanta & have stopped going to Chinese buffets because of the low quality. We arrived here about 5:45 for dinner. Surprisingly, the food was hot & fresh. Service was attentive.
My family had sushi, which they said was good except the rice used was warm. Mongolian grill was one of the best I have had & well cooked. (I choose 3 of the 4 sauces, maybe that was it.) I tried so many things I can hardly remember all I ate, which was too much. Didn't try much in the desert salad area. Cream puff was not my thing. Made myself a sundae with ice cream & bananas w/strawberry sauce.
I gave it 4 stars, comparing it to other chinese buffets

Reviewed 16 June 2017

I love chinese buffets, this one had a superb mongolian buffet they cook on a round stove. However the normal chinese buffet part was a bit subpar, prices very reasonable, $10 for dinner.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

This used to be the spot for great Chinese!! Today was really off :-( It was a busy Sunday, but the quality of food is severely lacking. The hot & sour soup was different, in a bad way. It like the led more like egg drop soup. It was full of too many eggs this time! Just disgusting. The dumpling I had today was cold as soon as I put it to my mouth. I had to spit out several bites of food that were cold, they should be hot. Also, I watched the guy cooking the Mongolian food for my daughter today...He sautéed a fresh order full of raw meat, and then immediately, and using the same cooking spatulas, scraped my daughter's food onto a plate. Ugh!! I doubt we will return.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

This buffet is OK at best. The Mongolian Grill is better than the Chinese buffet area. I would recommend A Nother place to go for Chinese. This is not the best. Was already closed once before for violations.

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

A business associate took me here on a visit to KC. I was not too enthusiastic to go to an Asian buffet instead of tasting the local barbecue. I was pleasantly surprised by the great food at such an affordable price. The Mongolian grill was something I had never seen in a typical Asian grill in my hometown, Orlando, FL.