“Dinner before concert”

Ranked #70 of 1,558 Restaurants in Kansas City
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We went to the Blue Koi for dinner. I can't say WOW enough or with enough emphasis. This place is so so good . The fried pork dumplings are fantastic. I got the pork and shitake mushroom soup with housemade noodles. My wife got the basil chicken with housemade noodles as well. This place is worth a 3 hour drive to eat here.

1  Thank trooper198

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

My daughter had pork dumplings. I had pork and shiitake mushrooms. We thought it was wonderful! Not cheap, but not expensive. Nice atmosphere. And no loud music! Can’t wait to go again.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

We had the shrimp dumplings and fried tofu, it was great. Many vegan options for our friends as well.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

This is a place I want to like because the atmosphere and service is pretty good. It had been at least a decade since I'd eaten here, now I remember why. I had the braised pork and noodles. The noodles are good but the meat was very bland, little in the way of memorable spices. I tried my wife's duck with noodles and, frankly, I thought it was disgusting. Didn't like the taste at all. On the plus side, the drinks from the bar were excellent, and like I said, the service is really good. If you like bland meat on noodles, this may be your place.

2  Thank snoozedoctor
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Didn’t expect to go for Chinese in Kansas City. But my friend desired a Chinese dinner and therefore we went. I tried the pot roast, the meat was very lean and it s not normal dish I would order but given I have no idea what it is in Chinese and was recommended. Taste is ok. Had some dumplings, the skins were too thick but tastes ok. The service was very friendly. Location is ok except in midtown so not easiest to find parking if you are tourist.